general 6 player strat help pls

In-depth tactical discussion on how to lose the least

Moderator: Defcon moderators

tllotpfkamvpe
level5
level5

Postby tllotpfkamvpe » Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:45 pm

Last edited by tllotpfkamvpe on Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Why?
level5
level5

Postby Why? » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:47 pm

world idiot wrote:well, i have developed a silo style that i use, kinda stole it of you hi there, deploy 2 triangles and each triangle attacks a different territory, but my subs keep getting killed before defcon 1 arg, any way to help em survive?

splitting up silos is generally a no-no...only works well for me in africa...or europe, if you launch early. Maybe Asia, if you're allied with africa and put some in middle-east.

Don't use many subs for defense, 3 or 4 maybe....and obviously send the striking subs places/routes that your opponent wouldn't expect. naval support is a necessity against stronger players, or in high-traffic areas, but you've gotta be crafty.

*protect/hide silos, but don't put them completely out of range of any population.
*Destroy a neighbor's defenses, with a full air/naval assault. hit big cities fast and pick up the little points, all throughout the game. (save bombers/carriers...nukes=points!)
*do smaller strikes on big cities further away, using subs and a few carriers. Don't go too far away, tho, or there might not be anything left by the time you get there!

that's basically all I do and most of the time I win....can't remember finishing in the bottom half many times.
Pox
level5
level5

Postby Pox » Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:17 am

That's pretty close to a record, I reckon.
(Probably not, but yeah.)

TWICE.
Pater
level2
level2

Postby Pater » Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:34 pm

Why? wrote:splitting up silos is generally a no-no...only works well for me in africa...or europe, if you launch early. Maybe Asia, if you're allied with africa and put some in middle-east.

I can think about at least 3 different reasons why you should split silos.. I usually split at least 2 away from the main group. Not when I'm NA though.

It depends a lot about who you ally and how the start of the game goes, but I can think of good reasons to split the silos for all continents except NA.
world idiot
level4
level4

Postby world idiot » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:10 pm

times have changed from when that silo formation sort of worked, read the dates (talk about necromancing a dead thread). these days i doubt it is anywhere near as effective, though i havent played in a while. I dont play often, but very occasionaly (sorry for the awful spelling) i use it to confuse opponents, with my friends like why on earth r u doing that.

Return to “Strategic Air Command”