what was the funniest mistake when you played Defcon?

In-depth tactical discussion on how to lose the least

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:13 pm

White--Rabbit wrote:
Ace Rimmer wrote:How about not placing half of your bb's and no carriers in a quarter final tourney game with money on the line? :P

LOLOLOLOL ya what Ace said :D :D

I win! Is there a prize? :lol:
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
White--Rabbit
level4
level4

Postby White--Rabbit » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:14 pm

Ya you can have the best noobie prize. A poster for ace :D
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:17 pm

:D

"This is such a surprise! I'd like to thank all those who've supported me from the beginning, bert_the_turtle for his contributions, White Rabbit for the tourney, ynbniar for the poster, and of course IV for THE Game."

*steps down off stage*
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
Nightwatch
level5
level5

Postby Nightwatch » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:57 pm

MikeTheWookiee wrote:Not necessarily - if you're in a 1v1 and want to make him think your silos are somewhere else, it can have a purpose. But then again, look at my mighty losing run in 1v1's for evidence against that! :lol:

One fighter and this illusion is over...
It might be of little help during the placing process after def4, but losing a silo over it is definitely not worth it.
Especially in 1v1.

Oh, i got a good one too:
Forgetting to place all four airfields in a quasi-allstar game.
Centuries ago, but i still remeber that i was SA, Mor was Africa and won that damn thing by backstabbing me...
WaffleMaster
level1
level1

Postby WaffleMaster » Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:35 am

i keep messing up with the sound too. i turn off the lights when i play so i can't see the volume control. there are 2 knobs on it (one for volume and one for bass) so i try to turn on the sound but turn up the bass instead. then there is no sound so i turn it up higher, but that time i turn the volume knob up to high, and the bass blasts everything and i might as well set off a 15 mt bomb in there to make the same amount of sound.
sfericz
level5
level5

Postby sfericz » Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:56 am

1. Turn on the lights
2. Remember which nob controls which
3. Stop bumping year old threads with useless information
iRadiated
level2
level2

Postby iRadiated » Fri May 01, 2009 8:18 am

My first attempt at stabbing a partner in the back:

Sent bombers heading towards his territory with a view to hitting his silos and airbases.
Sent the whole bomber force up and told him that they were going to hit the enemy territory.

I then left my alliance way too early; before the bombers were within range of the silos, and promptly lost the lot when my partner's silos shot them all down.

I lost that game as I've lost so many others since :)
Rubix47
level0

Postby Rubix47 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:14 pm

Here's a good 1.

It was Africa (me) vs. Europe (I don't remember his name) Europe had accidently place ALL of his silos within my radar range. Yay me :D After placing all my subs and carriers in a very offensive position to take out most of his cities (along with my airbase bombers to destroy the silos) DEFCON 3 hit and EU sent a wave of fighters at me. Only then did I realize...I forgot to place my silos... :oops:
If at first you don't succeed, you probably need to launch some more bombers.
dirttodust
level0

Postby dirttodust » Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:31 am

iRadiated wrote:My first attempt at stabbing a partner in the back:

Sent bombers heading towards his territory with a view to hitting his silos and airbases.
Sent the whole bomber force up and told him that they were going to hit the enemy territory.

I then left my alliance way too early; before the bombers were within range of the silos, and promptly lost the lot when my partner's silos shot them all down.

I lost that game as I've lost so many others since :)

I did some thing like that. I went to back stab in my 2nd diplomacy game. Only thing I forgot to leave the alliance.:evil:
red rouge
level1
level1

Postby red rouge » Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:07 pm

i private msged some back stabing plans to rusia so he could help me attack namerica and i still had my private chat set 2 n america, that took alot of explaining lol
Alexab4
level0

Postby Alexab4 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:07 pm

My worst one was where i sent my bombers out at Europe from America.... I was playing a 6 way game and my bombers flew over a sea battle between 3 teams in the middle that had just started... I was like "How the fuck can the be a battle on now..." i then tried to bring emm around and they got masacered... I have alos had bombers attadcking Europe from N.America when i was Siloing them... They were attacking Kiev and places in eastern europe... Also attacking Moscow and places in russia... They got caught up in the silo strike and got owned before they could deliver there payload =P
Alexab4
level0

Postby Alexab4 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:08 pm

Rubix47 wrote:Here's a good 1.

It was Africa (me) vs. Europe (I don't remember his name) Europe had accidently place ALL of his silos within my radar range. Yay me :D After placing all my subs and carriers in a very offensive position to take out most of his cities (along with my airbase bombers to destroy the silos) DEFCON 3 hit and EU sent a wave of fighters at me. Only then did I realize...I forgot to place my silos... :oops:

Lol :shock: must have been embarrasing =P
dirttodust
level0

Postby dirttodust » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:36 am

Herald of Achilles wrote:I sometimes place 5 silos in close formation and one lonely silo close to a big undefendable city. When comes the time to fire the silos, I sometime forget to fire the lone silo... DUH

I actually do something similar. I will usually place all my silos far away from any city and hit the other person after his first strike. Works with friends. Never worked with strangers...
I like McDonalds...
Teddy Coalition
level2
level2

Postby Teddy Coalition » Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:51 am

it was a 4 player game, it started it out even 2v2, but after most of our enemies lost their navy, my partner dropped out & decided to nuke me with his subs
The bastard placed them all under africa (i was africa, he was SA, enemies EU & NA) Thankfully they didn't damage me much. Now the funny thing is, I havent noticed!
I was flyin my jets into eu & deploying my subs, & adjusting bomber targets & flight paths.

NA fired silos at SA & me, splitting his load in half, becouse he know I capped EU, and downed 3 of his silos & all of his radar.

My subs fired at NA, ( still havent noticed he left allience!~!!!!??)

After NA & EU were caput, time limit hit & I realized, i havent fired my silos yet & SA is color orange?

lol, I nuked his ass.... But he still won by 6 more points.
Join the Coalition or perish at it's feet!
doomshot
level0

Postby doomshot » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:05 pm

Probably the funniest mistake happened when I was playing with three of my friends. We apparently ended up somehow on speed three during Defcon 5 and 4 and didn't notice until we heard the Defcon 3 warning. We ended up having to play that game without a single naval unit. Luckily we got everything else down before hand.

Return to “Strategic Air Command”