Tips on getting rid of battleships

In-depth tactical discussion on how to lose the least

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:53 pm

[SC] Pravus wrote:you kinda misunderstood.

i didnt mean they wont happen. I meant you can keep your boats out of the line of fire by using bombers to just annihialate his boats.

yes, it will happens sometimes that boats become placed next to each other and at Def 4 you go "oh sh*t!". But hey, I just have his boats chase mine as bombers all fire their happy missles at him...lol

I didn't misunderstand, I was just making the point that against a seasoned player, you won't keep your entire navy. :wink:

Also, I use scout BB's instead of setting ships on top of another because of no radar. :wink:
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
deathtoyou
level1
level1

Postby deathtoyou » Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:09 pm

something ive been trying out on the rare chance i have to battle a fleet

"ushly i avoid all fleet contact"

most people if they are seasoned or experenced will fly bombers in a wave rite behind there front line of ships

what i have been doing is flying off the the flank so when they fly there fighters strait at my ships and a few get through they wont find any of my bombers

another thing i should mention is defending agenst this its a 50-50 chance unless you send fighters both ways rather than imeditly sending fighters to counteract there bombers fly them off to the side to where you "think" there bombers will end up sometimes if im not sure i will spit the fighters sending 3 or 4 to the left and 3 or 4 to the rite if i cant find there bombers on the one side then use those fighters to scout for other ships

hope it was helpfull i hate writing technical papers

dty
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:11 pm

I just watch the incoming fire, that is where I send fighters. :wink:

It's easy to tell the difference between battleship and bomber fire even if you can't see either one.
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:29 pm

Ace Rimmer wrote:
[SC] Pravus wrote:The whole thing about naval battles is that they dont really involve boats at all if you play it right.
Yeah, trust me. I defeated entire fleets without losing a single ship or sub. I kid you not.

You probably can't avoid naval battles in 1v1 or against seasoned players.

Probably, but ever now and then...
Hyperion
level5
level5

Postby Hyperion » Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:09 am

Fact is most seasoned players are unpredictable and are simply better at predicting what you're going to do :wink:
walrus47
level4
level4

Postby walrus47 » Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:39 am

Ace just wondering, how do you tell the difference between the bomber fire and the battleships?
hi there (name sux)
level2
level2

Postby hi there (name sux) » Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:57 am

Battleship's fire more often than bombers. This is why a battleship is more likely to kill a single bomber if they run into each other. They both have the same radar range, but the battleship fires faster.
Hyperion
level5
level5

Postby Hyperion » Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:06 am

walrus47 wrote:Ace just wondering, how do you tell the difference between the bomber fire and the battleships?

1. Everything but a sub would be able to see a battleship in it's radar range if it was under fire from another battleship.

2. Bomber fire comes from increasing angles of attack (as the bomber is moving fast in another direction).
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:55 am

Hyperion wrote:
walrus47 wrote:Ace just wondering, how do you tell the difference between the bomber fire and the battleships?

1. Everything but a sub would be able to see a battleship in it's radar range if it was under fire from another battleship.

You forgot about fighters. They have the smallest range of all.

Hyperion wrote:2. Bomber fire comes from increasing angles of attack (as the bomber is moving fast in another direction).

And is usually sparatic as well, as bombers move in and out of range.
Hyperion
level5
level5

Postby Hyperion » Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:58 am

Bombers cannot fire upon fighters so i thought mentioning their radar range against incoming fire would be pointless :P

Is it just me or does bomber 'fire' look like longer streaks/lines than other units 'fire'?...how many different types of unit 'fire' are there? silos are the obvious different 1 as they can track and circle...does each unit fire have its own characteristics? :shock:
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:59 am

Hyperion wrote:Bombers cannot fire upon fighters so i thought mentioning their radar range against incoming fire would be pointless :P

Is it just me or does bomber 'fire' look like longer streaks/lines than other units 'fire'?...how many different types of unit 'fire' are there? silos are the obvious different 1 as they can track and circle...does each unit fire have its own characteristics? :shock:

Well, battleships can kill fighters before fighters can even see the battleship. :wink: (hope that doesn't ruin your anti-Star plan, too much) :wink:
Hyperion
level5
level5

Postby Hyperion » Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:04 am

Ace Rimmer wrote:
Hyperion wrote:Bombers cannot fire upon fighters so i thought mentioning their radar range against incoming fire would be pointless :P

Well, battleships can kill fighters before fighters can even see the battleship. :wink: (hope that doesn't ruin your anti-Star plan, too much) :wink:

Fighter rush your battleships? :roll: please...what do you think i am...a n00b? :wink:

Ill need all my carrier fighters to stop your bombers from attempting waves :wink: and technically you are wrong...fighters generally survive to 'see' the battleship...you just have to allow the following fighters to do the grunt work :wink:

Anyway there are MANY ways to get rid of battleships...it just depends on the situation...if they're rushing you in force then mobilize bombers parallel to them and ocean nuke in their travelling line. If you've found them accidentally, fighter rush them....just think about which situation you find them in and which resource you can stretch to hit them with easiest...naval nuke? fighter rush? spare empty bombers? :wink:

Return to “Strategic Air Command”