Getting subs through the net.

In-depth tactical discussion on how to lose the least

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Feud
level5
level5

Re: fish on a line

Postby Feud » Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:52 pm

Ace Rimmer wrote:Yes, I rarely use carriers as anti-sub. I'd rather shoot and miss with a nuclear depth charge if I can than potentially lose a carrier.

It really makes sense when you think about it. By going anti sub you risk up to six nukes, in order to take out up to five on the sub. But, by using a nuke you use one nuke, while saving up to five others, while removing up to five enemy nukes.
Hyperion
level5
level5

Postby Hyperion » Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:04 pm

Plus pinging subs are the easiest naval target to ocean nuke because of their speed
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:07 pm

Hyperion wrote:Plus pinging subs are the easiest naval target to ocean nuke because of their speed

And if the person shift-mode changed multiple subs, it's makes an even juicier target. Multiple subs with a single nuke! Unfortunately, MikeTheWookie learned pretty quickly that when the speed goes down to 5x, to turn his subs to passive mode... :evil:
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
Hyperion
level5
level5

Postby Hyperion » Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:08 pm

Ace Rimmer wrote:
Hyperion wrote:Plus pinging subs are the easiest naval target to ocean nuke because of their speed

And if the person shift-mode changed multiple subs, it's makes an even juicier target. Multiple subs with a single nuke! Unfortunately, MikeTheWookie learned pretty quickly that when the speed goes down to 5x, to turn his subs to passive mode... :evil:

Lol, Feud unfortunatly realised this also :twisted: but it was too late.
[SC] Pravus
level0

Postby [SC] Pravus » Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:40 pm

As i stated in my other post....why use nuclear weapons on the water!?!?!?!? That is valuable stuff that could have easily obliterated any city you choose!!!

argh....ocean nuking....ridiculous at best.
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:46 pm

[SC] Pravus wrote:As i stated in my other post....why use nuclear weapons on the water!?!?!?!?

Because it can be a highly effective means by which you destroy thier navy, thus allowing more of your nukes to hit the enemy city due to the increase in launch platforms and scouting data?
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:48 pm

[SC] Pravus wrote:As i stated in my other post....why use nuclear weapons on the water!?!?!?!? That is valuable stuff that could have easily obliterated any city you choose!!!

argh....ocean nuking....ridiculous at best.

Generally speaking, one nuke isn't going to make that much difference to score. A nuke that hits one of the big cities is valuable, but you have plenty of nukes to do that. By the time you get down to one or two nukes being valuable, you are talking about getting 1 million or fewer kills per nuke. If you can destroy 6 nukes by taking out a carrier, or 5 nukes by taking out a sub, you are ahead of the game, even if it takes two or three nukes to do it.

As proof, I would point out the number of games won by people that use the tactic.

xander

Return to “Strategic Air Command”