The Bomber Stream

In-depth tactical discussion on how to lose the least

Moderator: Defcon moderators

-=DREADLORD=-
level1
level1
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:59 pm
Location: Canada

Re: The Bomber Stream

Postby -=DREADLORD=- » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:33 am

Obviously I am missing something from watching the dedcon recordings.

I checked the cities of players who lost and several cities are below 0.2, but many are not.

My intent is not to refute your experience in the game. Can you direct me to a dedcon recording that you consider a good learning video. I have watched several of Ace Rimmer's recordings.
User avatar
Zorotama
level5
level5
Posts: 1506
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:03 am
Location: 64x80

Re: The Bomber Stream

Postby Zorotama » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:48 am

I suggest you the recording of my last match vs Mogwai..not only because I won it (the best Mogwai would never gave me the chance of winning) but above all because you can see that for the victory I needed to clean more than 0.2 for city. Me (and Mogwai too) needed to clean the cityes to 0.0 for the victory. I think would be instructive for your question..and let to this old man the satisfaction of a rare victory :wink: .

:arrow: Recording here..

About the synch of all nukes (bombers, silos and also subs) if I understood the topic..well, it happens. But it's more an art than a science..
User avatar
Schubdüse
level5
level5
Posts: 1209
Joined: Tue May 08, 2007 10:00 pm
Location: Germany_GMT+1

Re: The Bomber Stream

Postby Schubdüse » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:53 pm

Regarding synchronized silo launches:
1. In my good old times I had presets of time codes to launch my nukes from silos. But it's a lot of work.
2. For east vs west and vice versa you can use the 45s rule. Place all silos in a horizontal line and launch first nuke from the first silo at 0s.
Launch first nuke from second silo at 45s and so on. The rule can be adapted to any stacked silo placement.
History Freak
level1
level1
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:44 pm

Re: The Bomber Stream

Postby History Freak » Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:40 pm

-=DREADLORD=- wrote:Obviously I am missing something from watching the dedcon recordings.

I checked the cities of players who lost and several cities are below 0.2, but many are not.

My intent is not to refute your experience in the game. Can you direct me to a dedcon recording that you consider a good learning video. I have watched several of Ace Rimmer's recordings.

I have perfect one for you. http://sfcon.demoszenen.de/dcrec/2013-0 ... _14.51.zip This one shows exactly what happens if you fail to clean all the cities.
User avatar
Colytic
level4
level4
Posts: 811
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:24 pm
Location: Somewhere outside London

Re: The Bomber Stream

Postby Colytic » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:12 pm

Your plan does sound really interesting though, and the effort to prepare makes it quite impressive. Can you show me a video of this in action?

Colytic
-=DREADLORD=-
level1
level1
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:59 pm
Location: Canada

Re: The Bomber Stream

Postby -=DREADLORD=- » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:16 pm

Thanks for taking the time to provide the feedback and videos guys.

I'll watch them and get back to you.

Colytic: with regards to me recording my own session ...... I'm not sure how to do that. Is it a simple procedure?
User avatar
Colytic
level4
level4
Posts: 811
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:24 pm
Location: Somewhere outside London

Re: The Bomber Stream

Postby Colytic » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:01 pm

-=DREADLORD=- wrote:Colytic: with regards to me recording my own session ...... I'm not sure how to do that. Is it a simple procedure?


Don't worry too much, screenshots would be good. But you can record easily with the free version of FRAPS. I'll have a look myself too though.

Colytic
-=DREADLORD=-
level1
level1
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:59 pm
Location: Canada

Re: The Bomber Stream

Postby -=DREADLORD=- » Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:28 pm

History Freak wrote:I have perfect one for you. http://sfcon.demoszenen.de/dcrec/2013-0 ... _14.51.zip This one shows exactly what happens if you fail to clean all the cities.


I watched Deadcows vs Lalagirl this morning. It was very good. So good that I watched it twice to follow some subtle tactics I missed the first time.

Is there any way to fast forward, pause or reverse the playback?
User avatar
kudayta
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff
Posts: 945
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:25 pm

Re: The Bomber Stream

Postby kudayta » Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:19 am

-=DREADLORD=- wrote:...Is there any way to fast forward, pause or reverse the playback?


Yeah, type /speed <number up to 999 I think>. That will fast forward. No way to pause or reverse to my knowledge
Noryb
level2
level2
Posts: 133
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:55 am
Location: (UTC -8)

Re: The Bomber Stream

Postby Noryb » Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:07 am

Schubdüse wrote:Regarding synchronized silo launches:
1. In my good old times I had presets of time codes to launch my nukes from silos. But it's a lot of work.
2. For east vs west and vice versa you can use the 45s rule. Place all silos in a horizontal line and launch first nuke from the first silo at 0s.
Launch first nuke from second silo at 45s and so on. The rule can be adapted to any stacked silo placement.


I've found a 15 second stagger to be effective for a vertical line of silos doing a long range east-west shot on targets of a similar latitude.
-=DREADLORD=-
level1
level1
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:59 pm
Location: Canada

Re: The Bomber Stream

Postby -=DREADLORD=- » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:01 pm

Thanks guys.

I running simulations to find a similar rules of thumb that are fast and accurate.

Return to “Strategic Air Command”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest