A nice feature in a future patch

In-depth tactical discussion on how to lose the least

Moderator: Defcon moderators

So what do you think?

Nice idea! Would be great!
20%
Well there should be some changes but it's ok (tell your opinion about the changes)
10%
Nope. That is a freaking stupid idea.
No votes
A steak and some chips.
70%

Total votes: 10
King_Of_Pilots(Nukes)
level0

A nice feature in a future patch

Postby King_Of_Pilots(Nukes) » Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:22 pm

I was thinking about this: In this game, not too many are the nukes. I mean, states like USA or Russia are full of more than 5k nukes. Ingame there are at most....200 per side? What about another mode: All out war. If you ever tought that Defcon was devasting, now with all those nukes only who really can coordinate the attacks will be able to win. Because if you fail at the beginning, no mercy will be shown with all those nukes. Also improve, in this modality, the rate of fire of the silos(about 15-20% faster to unleash more hell) ,and maybe a 25% more silos, to avoid a too big concentration of nukes in one point. What do you think about it? Would it be a nice feature (also much easy to make, so can be made in a couple of weeks or less)?

About how should the points be awarded i think like genocide or survive.
King_Of_Pilots(Nukes)
level0

Postby King_Of_Pilots(Nukes) » Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:30 pm

Btw i forgot to say the number of nukes per silo: From 5 to 10 times more. THAT would be a nice silo. And also something that would make people aim for the silos before the cities.
SuVir
level2
level2

Postby SuVir » Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:50 pm

Nope. That is a freaking stupid idea.
Mighty Santa
level2
level2

Postby Mighty Santa » Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:02 am

All ideas are worth considering.
---

Your idea is crazy. :lol: Keep them coming though.
4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42
Holy Monkey
level0

Postby Holy Monkey » Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:53 am

Essentialy you are talking about incresing the number nukes whilst keeping the number of defences the same. This would just result in all defenses being useless as they would get overwhelmed. Whilst this is technically what would happen in real life (look up MAD), it would completely ruin the game.

If you take the other route - increasing the nukes and increasing the defenses to match - then you just end up with the same as the original game but with a much more cluttered and confusing map.

So it's not really a particularly good idea except as a bit of a laugh :D
TheHappyFriar
level2
level2

Postby TheHappyFriar » Sun Oct 01, 2006 2:19 am

do what i suggested in this thread. If you scale down the "size" of the land 10 nukes per silo is a large ammount. Then you get the same effect of overwhelming defences but no modding required.
General Crespin
level1
level1

Postby General Crespin » Sun Oct 01, 2006 2:29 am

It would be fun as a mod for a "ohnoohnoohnoohno" game type as everything gets owned, but as a standard game mode it would be pretty annoying. :)
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sun Oct 01, 2006 3:24 am

jelco the galactaboy wrote:3 - That's a freaking stupid idea. But, there's no offense involved. I have stupid ideas every minute.

There are no stupid ideas. Only stupid people with ideas.

xander
paramite12
level0

Postby paramite12 » Sun Oct 01, 2006 4:34 pm

There are plenty enough nukes already. I have a hard enough time finding places worth nuking again let alone ten times over. Play a game of big world against 5 apponents. There is nothing left at the end. Every city had only like .5 million people left.
King_Of_Pilots(Nukes)
level0

Postby King_Of_Pilots(Nukes) » Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:08 pm

However dude i'm not one of those kids that cry cause can't use the weapons right, but i was only wondering about this possibility. Only an idea from someone that had not too much to do on that day! :wink:
(Btw i tough about that only cause in double world there is so much lag that you can't even play smoothly with an X1800XT And 2gb of ram)
Taldier
level1
level1

Postby Taldier » Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:17 am

The game plays well the way it is. It's clearly not trying to be realistic because real silos can't shoot down incoming ICBMs in the first place. If you increase the number of nukes by some ridiculous amount or weaken the silos ability to shoot them down, you might as well just go rent the movie WarGames and recite "you can't win a nuclear war" over and over. Obiviously the game has to be clearly winable so the MAD doctrine shouldn't apply. Actually if you haven't seen it you should rent WarGames anyway, good movie. :D

Return to “Strategic Air Command”