In order to access the latest "beta" Uplink, do the following steps:
1. Exit Steam if it is running (right click on the tray icon, Exit).
Code: Select all
"C:\Program Files\Steam\steam.exe" -beta TODAYSPASSWORD
Code: Select all
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steam.exe" -beta TODAYSPASSWORD
3. Run Uplink (you may need to update manually if you have explicitly configured it not to update automatically).
Please post any successes or problems that you have in the Bug Reports forum.
Your feedback is invaluable to us, please don't hesitate to give it!
Version: 1.55 Steam
- Fixed : Crashes with invalid floating point operations.
- Fixed : Problem on Linux with .dat files directly in Uplink directory and not in the lib/ sub directory. (Happen when upgrading from some older version of Uplink to a newer version)
- Fixed : A crash with LANs having invalid location. (check the debug.log to see the warnings)
- Fixed : A crash with LANs having invalid links. (check the debug.log to see the warnings)
- Fixed : A crash with LANs having modems without phone number.
- Fixed : Crashes with PasswordBreaker/DictionaryHacker if their target screen isn't there anymore.
- Fixed : Crashes with tasks if their interface isn't there anymore.
- Added : A code card (codecard.txt) to the online download version of Uplink.
- Added : Software rendering option to the Windows version of Uplink. Also change to software rendering if the game crash during OpenGL initialization.
- Added : Show Bank IP on the Finance interface.
- Changed : Steam Authentication is now done with the help of a external DLL, this should permit new MODs to work with Steam.
- Changed : Much better error handling on Linux and some minor tweaks to error handling on Windows.
- Changed : Loading a corrupted saved game (agent) should now show a message box instead of crashing.