Help with redshirt (searched and all I got was crap)

Discussions on the Mac release

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

Hawk King
level0

Help with redshirt (searched and all I got was crap)

Postby Hawk King » Wed Jul 06, 2005 6:37 pm

Okay Here is what I need I need to know where you go in your user file after decrypting it to change how many credits you have and please none of the USE THE SEARCH BUTTON FAD!!! things because I spent the last hour and A half searching it and all I got was crap so I need to know where the area in the usr file the cedits are and maybe my rating leval to and please none of CHEATING IS FOR LOSERS or DON'T CHEAT MORON caus that seemes to be the general response to questons around here
prophile
level5
level5

Postby prophile » Fri Jul 08, 2005 3:55 pm

The save code is a mess. If you really want to edit your money you're going to have to figure out how much you have in HEXADECIMAL and then convert the file from ascii to hexadecimal and search in whatever text editor you're using.
D3adKl0wn
level2
level2

Postby D3adKl0wn » Sun Jul 10, 2005 5:13 am

learn to hack a bank
monsquaz_uplink
level1
level1

Postby monsquaz_uplink » Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:58 pm

Use this.
http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/g ... cheat.html

Pay off a part of your loan at the start until it's not a common-looking number like 4000 (leave off at about 3600 or something), and put in number of credits in your balance into The Cheat's value search.

Keep changing the value for all of the offsets in the search results until you find the offset that keeps track of your money (if you get too many results, pay off your loan a bit more and search again so that The Cheat will give you less results, as it will know the range you're looking for better).

When you find the offset for your balance, keep it in mind (write it down in TextExit or take a snapshot with Cmd+Shift+4, so you can change it again later).

And use caution, as you might accidentally find the offset for increasing both your current balance, AND how much you owe the bank. It's easily fixable, but still a pain in the arse.

Return to “Mac Uplink”