HUD & Bypassers

Discussions on the Mac release

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

Redbaron
level3
level3

Postby Redbaron » Wed Oct 15, 2003 2:54 pm

When you have the old HUD and some bypassers you get the red box around the security systems and you place your bypasser over the block to bypass and watch it turn from red to green I get that bit.  

Does it matter what order you bypass, do you have to do it when the red square is on and finally if it doesn't seem to want to activate does it definitively mean that the version of bypasser you have isn't high enough?  

I have had some sucesses with both monitor and proxy but also some low security servers where I couldn't seem to get my monitor bypasser to work.
Remember whether it's driving or politics always keep to the Left
Stewsburntmonkey
level5
level5

Postby Stewsburntmonkey » Wed Oct 15, 2003 9:39 pm

The red line is just there for looks as far as I know.  It doesn't matter what order you bypass in, but I always do the monitor then the proxy then the firewall, but that is just me.  The bypasser will not work if the securty version is higher than the bypasser's, but they can be tricky to get in place if you have not done it much.  I would just get the highest level of the bypassers to avoid that problem.  :)
Maniak
level4
level4

Postby Maniak » Sat Oct 18, 2003 2:41 pm

Actually, I heard this from the "help" section of UISS:

...The monitor also periodically checks the other systems to see if they have been disabled.

So I always do the monitor first. Otherwise, it doesn't matter.
Maniak hacks like crazy!
Click here to visit my favorite site! My Profile! Rate Me! Community status: Forum Maniac Newbie Guides!
Stewsburntmonkey
level5
level5

Postby Stewsburntmonkey » Sun Oct 19, 2003 5:48 pm

The bypassers are invisable to the monitor as far as I have been able to tell, the monitor is set off when you use a disabler though, unless you have bypassed the monitor.  :)
Miah
level5
level5

Postby Miah » Wed Oct 22, 2003 3:07 am

However, if you move the little bypasser box sometime, you'd notice that the icon for the security system has occasionally turned into a key (from a lock), meaning that it *has* been disabled.

So, Maniak was right, I found that out the hard way myself when hacking a bank... I did the proxy bypass WHILE the red ants were marching over it, and i did not yet bypass the monitor. The trace then started. Still, I have to wonder why the monitor has the red ants, since it's redundant for it to check itself...
Stewsburntmonkey
level5
level5

Postby Stewsburntmonkey » Wed Oct 22, 2003 8:22 am

That has never happened to me and I tend to do things like that alot, seems odd but I guess it is possible.  :)
Maniak
level4
level4

Postby Maniak » Fri Nov 07, 2003 1:33 pm

Quote: from Miah Helpmann on 9:07 pm on Oct. 21, 2003However, if you move the little bypasser box sometime, you'd notice that the icon for the security system has occasionally turned into a key (from a lock), meaning that it *has* been disabled.

So, Maniak was right, I found that out the hard way myself when hacking a bank... I did the proxy bypass WHILE the red ants were marching over it, and i did not yet bypass the monitor. The trace then started. Still, I have to wonder why the monitor has the red ants, since it's redundant for it to check itself...

Redundant is another word for backup. :)
Maniak hacks like crazy!
Click here to visit my favorite site! My Profile! Rate Me! Community status: Forum Maniac Newbie Guides!
Stewsburntmonkey
level5
level5

Postby Stewsburntmonkey » Fri Nov 07, 2003 1:37 pm

No actually "redundant" is an adjective, "backup" is a noun or verb.  :)
Redbaron
level3
level3

Postby Redbaron » Fri Nov 07, 2003 2:38 pm

Quote: from Stewsburntmonkey on 12:37 pm on Nov. 7, 2003[br]No actually "redundant" is an adjective, "backup" is a noun or verb.  :)

Sorry stews but I can't resist a bit of pedantry.  Redundant can obviously be a noun as well, just as backup can be an adjective.  Or were you simply referring to in this example?  (If you I withdraw and will stop trying to be such a smartarse!)
Stewsburntmonkey
level5
level5

Postby Stewsburntmonkey » Fri Nov 07, 2003 2:52 pm

"Redundant" is never a noun.  "Backup" can be an adjective but not in the same context, ie "backup disk" or "backup pilot".  Saying "redundant disk" or "redundant pilot" is not the same thing.  One means exceeding what is neccessary, the other a standby or reserve.  One is negative one is positive.  I was just pedantically pointing out that they slightly different concepts.  :)
Redbaron
level3
level3

Postby Redbaron » Fri Nov 07, 2003 4:04 pm

You are quite correct they certainly aren't the same thing.  In my haste to feel superior I managed to talk unadulterated shite, redundant is not a noun and can't be, you have me there.  I really must try that thinking before opening my mouth thing one day.  I shall shut up now. :)
Stewsburntmonkey
level5
level5

Postby Stewsburntmonkey » Fri Nov 07, 2003 4:08 pm

Heh, I totally understand, the pedantic urge is very strong.  I am constantly fighting to keep myself from the more evil parts of its draw, lately less successfully than I would like.  :)
Maniak
level4
level4

Postby Maniak » Sun Nov 09, 2003 3:19 am

Wow. Amazing how one post sets the entire topic off topic. :)
Maniak hacks like crazy!
Miah
level5
level5

Postby Miah » Sun Nov 09, 2003 6:06 am

That was.... random...
Maniak
level4
level4

Postby Maniak » Thu Nov 13, 2003 1:41 pm

I know. Image
Maniak hacks like crazy!

Return to “Mac Uplink”