File Copier Doesn't work

Discussions on the Mac release

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

Horseshit
level0

Postby Horseshit » Tue Aug 26, 2003 7:46 pm

I use file copier to download the data, and then it tells me to select a memory slot.

I open the memory bank, select a free slot and nothing happens.

Piece of shit!
tabasco boy
level5
level5

Postby tabasco boy » Tue Aug 26, 2003 9:37 pm

probably there's not enough space. have your tried defragging your system if you haven't bought it (defrag)yet get it this will organise your programs and free up some space on the end of your drive.

but if you can't afford it at the mo try doing it the old fashion way (moving stuff around)or the best way is upgrade your gateway and throw in a few memories thats if your filthy rich.
Eating without Tabasco® Sauce is like a computer without a OS.
Horseshit
level0

Postby Horseshit » Tue Aug 26, 2003 10:47 pm

It's in the tutorial! It doesn't say anything about having to defrag. I click on an empty space and nothing happens!
Stewsburntmonkey
level5
level5

Postby Stewsburntmonkey » Tue Aug 26, 2003 10:50 pm

You need to make sure there is enough contiguous space to copy it.  That means that if the file is 4gq is size you need to have a block of space 4 slots high to put it in, you also need to click at the top of the block.  Also make sure you have the file copier selected.  :)
Horseshit
level0

Postby Horseshit » Fri Aug 29, 2003 12:14 am

I have enough space, and no matter where I click when the download is completed, it will not copy to my memory bank.

This has to be a bug!
Stewsburntmonkey
level5
level5

Postby Stewsburntmonkey » Fri Aug 29, 2003 2:30 am

I am assuming user error.  Check the boards at www.ambrosiasw.com .  Alot of the Mac guys seemed to have problems with this.  There are several threads explaining it there.  :)
Shade of Blue
level2
level2

Postby Shade of Blue » Fri Aug 29, 2003 10:57 pm

Quote: from Horseshit on 12:14 am on Aug. 29, 2003[br]I have enough space, and no matter where I click when the download is completed, it will not copy to my memory bank.

This has to be a bug!

hmmmm....when you move the mouse around, does the little File Copier box move with it?
if not, click on the box that says "select memory slot", then click on the slot, and the file will go.

Return to “Mac Uplink”