Gamebible

Discussions on the Mac release

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

StuB
level0

Postby StuB » Thu May 29, 2003 6:18 am

I understand a file known as Gamebible.zip is available to PC users.  Is it also available to Mac users?
JohnWho
level2
level2

Postby JohnWho » Sat May 31, 2003 3:01 pm

I don't have the Mac version, so I don't know for sure. But since the file isn't big and doesn't contain any platform dependant stuff (only jpeg images), I don't see why it wouldn't be on the Mac CD, too...
Aranor
level0

Postby Aranor » Mon Jun 02, 2003 5:33 am

I purchased the full Mac Uplink version. The download does not come with gamebible.zip (although the extra material is available as a side download, that doesn't have gamebible.zip either), and I didn't buy the CD as that cost an extra $5 and there was nothing telling me about gamebible.zip being on the CD before I purchased the game.

It seems rather strange to me that gamebible.zip would be available only on the CD and not with the full download version. Can anybody here who has gamebible.zip please make it available? If you don't want to put it up for public download, could you please at least email it to me? My email is kevin@sb.org
Chris
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby Chris » Mon Jun 02, 2003 7:28 pm

The gamebible IS on the Mac CDs that we are selling from our site, however the downloadable version of Mac Uplink is published by Ambrosia and they decided not to include it.
Stewsburntmonkey
level5
level5

Postby Stewsburntmonkey » Mon Jun 02, 2003 8:04 pm

Would there be a problem with someone (me) putting the password protected gamebible on the Ambrosia site for download?  :)

Added: That would be a no, apparently the gamebible is to be a perk for those buying the CD from IV.  :)

(Edited by Stewsburntmonkey at 8:46 am on June 3, 2003)
Aranor
level0

Postby Aranor » Thu Jun 05, 2003 1:17 am

Why wasn't it published that you have to buy the CD to get this perk? I had no clue about that, so I bought it from ASW and downloaded it. I'm not about to pay the money again just to get the CD. Is there any way we who got screwed like this could get the file? I'd be willing to pay $5 for an uplink CD (ASW asks for $5 if you want a CD instead of a download) that has gamebible.zip, assuming I could prove that I already bought it once.
Chris
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby Chris » Thu Jun 05, 2003 11:07 am

Remember that Ambrosia and Introversion are two totally different companies - we don't have any say over what they do.  We've always included the gamebible and all the extra goodies on all our Uplink CDs. but Ambrosia has gone for a more cut down approach, presumably to keep the download size down.
Stewsburntmonkey
level5
level5

Postby Stewsburntmonkey » Thu Jun 05, 2003 12:59 pm

I do think it is funny they have the Bonus Disk for download, but not the first Gamebible.  :)
UplinkVictim
level1
level1

Postby UplinkVictim » Thu Jun 05, 2003 9:15 pm

mmm.... *glares vacantly into the throbbing din of Chris' rank indicators*
"I the willing, lead by the unknowing, am doing the impossible for the ungrateful.  I have done so much for so long with so little, I am now qualified to do anything... with nothing."
Aranor
level0

Postby Aranor » Fri Jun 06, 2003 4:14 am

Once again, is there any way either Introversion or AmbrosaSW could reach some agreement where those of us who bought from ASW could get the gamebible.zip file? I'd be willing to pay $5 for an ASW CD if that contained the gamebible.zip file. But I really want that file and I'm not willing to re-purchase the game.
Stewsburntmonkey
level5
level5

Postby Stewsburntmonkey » Fri Jun 06, 2003 4:34 am

You should email IV with your concerns.

CEO:    tom@introversion.co.uk

Managing Director:     mark@introversion.co.uk

(Edited by Stewsburntmonkey at 10:34 pm on June 5, 2003)
Tales
level1
level1

Postby Tales » Tue Jun 24, 2003 6:29 am

They will probly come with one later
Tales
HellforLeather
level0

Postby HellforLeather » Fri Jul 04, 2003 4:42 pm

I have also purchased the full Mac version of the game. The CD does infact have the Gamebible.zip file on it. However, it has a security password. I've looked everywhere, thought of different codes etc. Someone, please tell me.
God, I hate it when that happens...
Stewsburntmonkey
level5
level5

Postby Stewsburntmonkey » Fri Jul 04, 2003 7:39 pm

I would check out the outside of the box, and look into HEX to ASCII translation.  :)

Return to “Mac Uplink”