Uplink gamebible 4 *link*

Moderated discussion about Uplink

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

lance
level0

Uplink gamebible 4 *link*

Postby lance » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:46 am

Well, I joined just to do this. I spent maybe two hours going through the 5 pages of results that crop up from searching the term "gamebible 4" on here, and found how to find it (officially), hints to finding it, and several dead links.

Since the official mode of gaining the nakatomi gamebible is impossible at this moment in time (to my knowledge, at least) I spent the time scouring google with variations of search terms until I finally discovered a website hosting the files.

Since nothing on this forum seems to be in a living state save for a few old-as-fuck members, I've taken it upon my self to post the link here for anyone who might come scouring across the internet for this goody in the same way that I did today.

Good luck with life fellow and future uplinkers!

Gamebible 4: http://www.lastyearsgamers.com/extra/bl ... ble/book4/
Cæn
level1
level1

Postby Cæn » Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:23 am

I laughed at the 'old-as-fuck' comment. The files are all there unencrypted on the Dev CD (which I have but no forum access :().
mr_anonymous
level3
level3

Postby mr_anonymous » Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:02 pm

I really hope that when NeoThermic gets around to installing phpBB 3 (if ever) that the new theme has a white background.
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:34 pm

Vindictive much?
lance
level0

Postby lance » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:17 am

Mas Tnega wrote:Vindictive much?

I don't understand how my post was vindictive, but ok? lol.
mr_anonymous
level3
level3

Postby mr_anonymous » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:25 am

I suppose. I just don't understand why people think that it is necessary to specify the color of everything they post. The white clashes with the theme of the board, and because he specified white, when and if the theme changes, it is possible that his post will be rendered unreadable. I'm not claiming that the theme is perfect---URLs in quoted text are unreadable---it just seems utterly unnecessary to specify a post color of white.
lance
level0

Postby lance » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:28 am

mr_anonymous wrote:

I suppose. I just don't understand why people think that it is necessary to specify the color of everything they post. The white clashes with the theme of the board, and because he specified white, when and if the theme changes, it is possible that his post will be rendered unreadable. I'm not claiming that the theme is perfect---URLs in quoted text are unreadable---it just seems utterly unnecessary to specify a post color of white.

This made no sense to me for about 30 seconds. I feel idiotic.
Cæn
level1
level1

Postby Cæn » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:32 pm

You feel the need to abuse me because I like to make my text stand out? That keeps kind of sad.
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:46 pm

"The nail that sticks up gets hammered down." - Japanese proverb
Uplink help: Check out the Guide or FAQ.
Latest Uplink patch is v1.55.
mr_anonymous
level3
level3

Postby mr_anonymous » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:21 pm

Cæn wrote:You feel the need to abuse me because I like to make my text stand out? That keeps kind of sad.

What Montyphy said. You want to stand out. Great. But don't expect to be universally loved because of it.

EDIT: Ouch... that pink is even harder to read when quoted.
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:06 pm

mr_anonymous wrote:EDIT: Ouch... that pink is even harder to read when quoted.
I don't know. It's not so horrible when it's such a small amount. Personally, I blame the fact that #666699 is *only* good with the "really websafe" colours that aren't basically shades of red, i.e.:
This one, this one, this one, this one, this one, this one, this one, this one, this one, this one, this one, this one, this one, this one, this one, this one, this one and this one but not this one, nor this one, nor really this one.

I... just armed her, didn't I. My bad...

Cæn wrote:You feel the need to abuse me because I like to make my text stand out? That keeps kind of sad.
More for the mindset that we assume has to go behind such a thought. A difference for the sake of being different just makes it harder to see other, more interesting differences and consequently bores us.

Return to “Uplink in Moderation”