FBI mod question

Moderated discussion about Uplink

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

dashippy
level1
level1

FBI mod question

Postby dashippy » Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:57 pm

I recently got Uplink for Christmas, I was playing the demo off and on for a few years, well anyway, I got the FBI mod and liked how it looked but I noticed something. If I run regular Uplink and am starting a connection, I can click on something and connections to it will be removed to make setting up connections quicker and easier, but if I'm on the FBI mod, this doesn't happen, is there a way to make the FBI mod do this, am I simply running an old version of the mod or does it not do this at all? I'm afraid to say that this problem is putting me off of the mod. I also have another problem with this mod. The VDPIN doesn't work properly, the boxes don't light up or go out if I click on them. I read that there is a VDPIN viewer but I can't see it in the software list at Uplink Internal Services.
If trust is a weakness I must be strong. Work it out.
KingAl
level5
level5

Postby KingAl » Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:03 pm

The FBI mod is based on an earlier version of Uplink than the one with better route handling implemented. Not sure about the VDPIN issue, myself, as I haven't used the mod.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here: this is the War Room!
Ultimate Uplink Guide
Latest Patch
dogsbody
level1
level1

Postby dogsbody » Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:44 pm

there should be something listed the Software upgrades section of Internal Services - I think its something like HUD VDPIN upgrade - its about halfway down next to HUD LAN View, HUD Trace Tracker etc etc.
dashippy
level1
level1

Postby dashippy » Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:21 pm

Yeah I found it, thanks anyway.
If trust is a weakness I must be strong. Work it out.

Return to “Uplink in Moderation”