Onlink Download- I have Beta4

Moderated discussion about Uplink

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

nincb123
level0

Postby nincb123 » Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:28 am

From my knowlege, correct me if I am wrong, you can not install modifications to uplink if you use steam. I am sorry. I recommend buying the digital download of uplink! You support introversion DIRECTLY.
Chishi
level1
level1

Postby Chishi » Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:36 am

Yeah, I just browsed this part of the forum a bit more (sorry about the moronic illiterate assholes you get here...)..

I'm just going to give up on it for now (how unlike me, damn I hate that).

There is no reason in pushing it.. (Don't want to bait the sharks)

I know it can be done, but I am no programmer, so I'm out of luck..

(Oh mister dev cd person, will you be nice to me today? XD)

Too bad there isn't some kind of steam -> not steam patch, hehehe

(though I think that would have to be illegal...)

Maybe some other day.
Ghost Stalker
level2
level2

Postby Ghost Stalker » Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:28 pm

what? Patches for steam version of Uplink? If you'r talking 'bout that (last post) then there are few

V Right there V
http://forums.introversion.co.uk/uplink/viewforum.php?f=13
Yep.
Chishi
level1
level1

Postby Chishi » Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:46 pm

Steam automatically gets all of the patches :P (the only 'patch' I could get there is to do the command line thing to test the latest beta, which does not seem to exist at this time)

But what I want is a patch that would either de-steam my uplink, or down-grade it to 1.31

(the earliest patch there listed is 1.31a, and it is no longer hosted)

And even if I could find a patch to downgrade to 1.31, it would still have to actually work :P

(I patched with the normal, on IV's website 1.31 patch, but after that it claimed a .dll file was missing, so thats a no-go)

Nope, I don't think what I want (and what a bunch of other steam users want) has been done yet... Either that or its one or two (perhaps) steam users who are programmers who figured out a way to do it themselves and never shared it with the rest of us...

Either way, like I said before, no luck for me. Not today... Maybe someone within a few months will buy uplink on steam, want to play mods, and know enough about programming to make it work, and will share his/her results on the forum... But that person is not me :P
lainelas
level0

Postby lainelas » Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:08 pm

i have a "little' problem too. When i install onlink 0.1.0 and nightly build 14 on uplink 1.54 and launch the game after about one minute it forces to restart my pc. wtf?
Chishi
level1
level1

Postby Chishi » Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:20 pm

Well atleast you can get it to run for even a minute.

The steam and non steam versions have slightly different programming, and onlink was designed for uplink v1.31.. Hence the problems, and as of yet, noone has done anything to fix it (and shared it on the forums... Atleast, not that I know of).

Is the agent screen cool looking? XD

(is nightly a mod? I don't think installing 2 mods at the same time is a good idea, but if nightly somehow does work with steam version 1.54, that would be great)
lainelas
level0

Postby lainelas » Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:32 pm

well nightly build is like a patch for onlink for example if you install onlink 0.1.0 (i think it is highest version) and apply nightly build 14 you will get onlink 0.1.5. and it runs on uplink 1.54 patch but like i said it forces to restart my pc :( i even tried on 1.31 or without nightly build and even with older onlink version nothing changes....
help... :)
Kyro
level1
level1

Postby Kyro » Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:11 pm

Problem!

it asks doe me to veryfy my copy of the uplink CD. seeing as i downloaded it from the IV site, i have no such thing....anyone feeling kind enough to assist?
Chishi
level1
level1

Postby Chishi » Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:27 pm

You should have some kind of CD key in a email from IV or something...

(I think! Thats how it normally works, but I bought mine from steam, so I don't know!)
Kyro
level1
level1

Postby Kyro » Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:37 pm

There's another problem...my stepdad did the buying, and seems to have deleted the mail. Uplink runs without verification, mind (Ironic, eh? run the official thing, but get stuck and the unnoficial) Anyone feel kind enough to help?
Chishi
level1
level1

Postby Chishi » Thu Dec 21, 2006 3:09 am

You should be able to email IV support and they should be able to re-send the order information.. Try checking around where on the site you bought uplink, log into whatever account was used to purchase it, and see if there is an option to view previous purchases or something, from there there might be the option to view order info or something.
Kyro
level1
level1

Postby Kyro » Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:15 am

and i guess if worse comes to worse, i could just buy Uplink again, not that it's a bad thing.

Return to “Uplink in Moderation”