Simply uplink

Moderated discussion about Uplink

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

Surfpup
level2
level2

Postby Surfpup » Tue Aug 10, 2004 12:53 am

I agree... VDpin is the one thing in the FBI mod that agrivates me soo much. (i dont think i've EVER beaten a game of 'lights out')
Viserys
level1
level1

Postby Viserys » Tue Aug 10, 2004 4:39 am

Another good idea might be to add a penalty for repeatedly calling someone. I know if someone from the same number called me and said nothing like 5 times in one week I'd be suspicious.
All hail Viserys, Lord of all things Mystical. Or not, whatever. =P
Agito
level1
level1

Postby Agito » Tue Aug 10, 2004 9:58 am

I'm back

Sorry about the delay everyone. It's amazing how hard it is to get free time sometimes.

I should be getting some free time in a couple of weeks so look for some big changes. Minor update

Finally fixed that return key bug. SO SORRY. I realized that I had overridden the code that handled that accidentally. Woops

Also added some quick launch feature. check out the readme

I'm working furiously on some new mission types that you should all be mighty pleased with

In the meantime, you can find Simply Uplink on our new website

www.uplinkmainframe.net

Special thanks to NoOne TMC for that.

Check it out, download, and keep up the feedback

Talk to ya'll soon
Agito
NoOne_TMC
level0

Postby NoOne_TMC » Tue Aug 10, 2004 10:06 am

For anybody up at this ungodly hour, your gonna have to wait a little tiny bit 'till I post the update up, also if you notice the site is a bit slow, don't worry, so have we. We're going to be changing servers in a couple days so bear with us, I would suggest not creating an account untill I give the heads up on the change, because another issue with this server is that it has a tendancy to not send out the e-mail confermation that it should :-/ so bear with it for a couple days, I'll post a direct link to the download on the main page of the site.

- Cheers
NoOne_TMC

EDIT: P.S. I HAVE FOUND THAT THE UPDATE CURRENTLY DOESN'T FUNCTION, BUT I WILL STILL PROVIDE A LINK TO IT. http://www.uplinkmainframe.net/uplinkmod.zip

AGITO! FIX IT!
Administrator of Uplink Mainframe - Home of Simply Uplink
NeoTheOne175
level4
level4

Postby NeoTheOne175 » Tue Aug 10, 2004 5:24 pm

Will we have to create new users for the update? I tried loading my old SimplyUplink user profile after I installed the update, but it gave me a fatal error message; therefore, I am forced to assume the answer to that is yes. But it's always a good idea to ask the developer first :wink:

EDIT: Ran into more fatal errors :(

I tried to query both of my profiles, those yielded fatal errors. I resign in both my profiles so I can start a new user. Resign for both works fine. Then I try to create a new user. When my computer tries to dial the Uplink Public Access Server, it gives me yet another fatal error. And the worst thing is: there's no debug file in my users folder! WTF is going on here?!
Crime pays and it has an excellent benefits package.
Uplink Directory Dossier
Agito
level1
level1

Postby Agito » Tue Aug 10, 2004 9:06 pm

You know they always teach you to thoroughly test your programs before you release them

I think I was sleeping during that stretch

The old version should still be available on www.geocities.com/darkagito

Use that for now, I'll get to the bottom of this

Agito
Agito
level1
level1

Postby Agito » Tue Aug 10, 2004 9:18 pm

Ok fixed that. Sorry about that

Not so simple after all

Yikes, bad puns are a sure sign of sleep deprivation

Agito
NoOne_TMC
level0

Postby NoOne_TMC » Wed Aug 11, 2004 2:54 am

I've also just added a Simply Uplink theme to the site which I think you might all enjoy. http://www.uplinkmainframe.net/simplyuplinktheme.rar

-Cheers
Administrator of Uplink Mainframe - Home of Simply Uplink

Toveling
level0

Postby Toveling » Sun Sep 19, 2004 12:58 am

A small little thing... when you resign a user, the corrosponding .set file isnt deleted...

love the mod btw!
ShadowWarrior
level4
level4

Postby ShadowWarrior » Sun Sep 19, 2004 1:53 pm

Don't bump old topics. :|
Swistak
level0

Postby Swistak » Sun Oct 10, 2004 6:55 pm

Once again bug report... in version from 7-8-04 when i click on query it crashes(fatal error) it always happens when i leave game with memory boxes checked(wich is useles since there is no run batch now or auto start, and that was one of the good stuff). Quick start buttons are cool but bindings are not stored so every time starting game i have to bind them from the beginig.

In earlier versions there was a problem with missions to steal files(and put them on company server) when using copier v3 because of compression i couldn`t finish missions i dont know if it is ok now but if it`s not some uncompress program is needed :)

Some more eastern eggs in game would make it more fun. Like when hacking to Trioptimum server (must be created as new serv) in news board there is a message like Shodan AI sabotage caused destruction of Space station (from System Shock game) .. etc
Or geting email with notification that Napster is back on line etc. Point is make the game more fun.

One more thing Stock market should change price more often thane one month :)

Swistak

ps. Keep up the good work on this mod Agito
neoexodus
level1
level1

Postby neoexodus » Mon Oct 25, 2004 8:40 pm

hey all, decided to try simply today and one minor problem, eveytime i click on the simplyuplink it says fatal error (no log in debug of course so no idea what the deal is), uplink still will load, though I haven't done anything to make sure its not messed up also.... what am I doing wrong?
neoexodus
level1
level1

Postby neoexodus » Wed Oct 27, 2004 7:35 pm

btw, I have the dowloaded version from strategy first.... yall think that has anything to do with it?
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Wed Oct 27, 2004 8:17 pm

There is no downloadable version from Strategy first. In fact if they have anything to do with Uplink anymore, bar paying what they owe IV, they risk opening themselves to criminal investigation.

SF are bankrupt, and have not paid IV royalties since last year. What you have done, is download an illegal copy.
Uplink help: Read the FAQ
neoexodus
level1
level1

Postby neoexodus » Thu Oct 28, 2004 8:48 pm

yup, the way this day/week/month is going I'm not particularly surprised... well anyway here's the info on how I got it, I'm willing to bet someone on here has links to IV and will be able to pass this along..
www.trygames.com is the place I found it, it gives you a free 60 minutes of full version play before it cuts out and makes you pay. They apparently did this through some agreement with Strategy First which offered to activate the downloaded Uplink for 19.99
I'll try to get my money back (doubtful) and I guess order the CD from Introversion... anyways tho, besides it being 10 cheaper, which for this game I would have payed the difference, I preferred the download so I didn't have to wait so if yall know of any IV way to download it, please contact me (check my pro)
Hopefully simply will work a bit better once I go legal...

Exactly what I needed right now

EDIT: Well, I sent off the refund request but I was reading and they said that you had to request a refund within 48 hours so most likely, I will lose my $20.... yay for me

Return to “Uplink in Moderation”