GrandTour

Moderated discussion about Uplink

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

Tsunamii
level1
level1

Thread Necromancy

Postby Tsunamii » Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:54 pm

I realize people will probably hate me for my thread necromancy, but I just wanted to say that it is entirely possible to win with ARC just by being fast.

I kept Arunmor from getting past Faith 0.2, didnt prehack any systems, browsed Internic and clicked every ISM into my list and just went down the line, bypass x 3, password breaker, copy, paste, console, run revelation, repeat ad nauseum

I managed to kill like 20 before I lost my PC going "the slow way".

Maybe they made it easier in 1.54?

I always did Arunmor before so I dont really know, going Arunmor for the 20th time wasnt appealing, so i figured why not...

Anyway, doing it the slow way is very possible. I killed all the ISMs in South America and by the time I got done with North America pretty much all of Asia was flashing, I did a couple in Europe and that was game.

Peace
Tsunamii
spacebug
level1
level1

Postby spacebug » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:04 pm

I've been trying to do GrandTour and was hoping for some answers here. :/

When I tried to do it, I was disabling the security of each server I visited before I ran the virus, because in one of the E-Mails that ARC sends, it says that it spreads better if you do this.

Can anyone confirm or deny whether this is necessary? It doesn't seem to be spreading at all though :?

I did all the ARC missions, none of the arunmor missions, the Revelation version is higher than Faith, although Faith caught up a lot...other than doing the missions, how do you stop faith version from catching up.

(I've read the guide thoroughly and repeatedly btw and could not find these answers)

Return to “Uplink in Moderation”