Ideas for future addons and sequels

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

ZeroX
level0

my vision of uplink in future

Postby ZeroX » Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:50 pm

first i need to say i just love the game the way it is
only i would add a few stuff to it

hackers were/are best of the best programers, not just people who cause cybernetic havoc
so give us some tools to code our own weapons of destruction

on voice verification, every sistem has the same line
hi i am the system admin bla bla bla, i'm tired of listening to the same thing over and over, maybe make system have diferent voice verifications
like some could have i.e. i hate my wife, my dog, and my mother in law

give us an option of "raising" our own server, thus making us responsible for it, tracing down hackers who compromised the server, pushing the security to the max

instead of those "flying" letters give us an real mail client

make somekind of a notepad, i'm tired of typing a IP down to a slip of papper when on a trace of a transfer or hack, so we can just type the IP in there for later use, it would be even better to be able to copy it

make the console more usefull
so you could just type into the console
i.e.: copy *data*
so this command would copy all files of the server in to the local direectoryes, all files witch contain data in the name

i think this would be it, don't be a beotch about it, it's just my dream of uplink
KingAl
level5
level5

Re: my vision of uplink in future

Postby KingAl » Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:46 am

ZeroX wrote:hackers were/are best of the best programers, not just people who cause cybernetic havoc so give us some tools to code our own weapons of destruction

It's true that 'hacker' is a term for prodigious programmers, however the 'hacker' you play in Uplink is in fact a cracker - that connotation was created by the media. Hacker as 'creators of cybernetic havoc' and hacker as 'best of the best programmers' are not synonymous. That doesn't mean I don't like your idea ;) : Indeed, the bonus disk documents creating your own programs as a potential feature of Uplink Online, if it ever came about.
ZeroX
level0

Postby ZeroX » Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:10 pm

ok lets call them good hackers and back hackers in short
and i've never meet a "bad hacker" who doesn't know at least one programing language
sure the DevCD offers ways to program your own tools, but many people don't know how to use it, at least we/they could offer them a way to code some kind of "sub"-programs/tools in uplink to i don't know i.e. run a few commands like:
cd usr
delete
cd log
delete
cd sys
delete
shutdown
disconnect
or maybe copy the whole fileserver to the gateway and then again upload it to employers file server
Digital-NW
level2
level2

Postby Digital-NW » Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:27 am

You can already do that from the console of any remote computer (minus the copying and uploading)

Return to “The Future”