Patch Addons

Ideas for future addons and sequels

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

HaloNothing
level2
level2

Patch Addons

Postby HaloNothing » Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:06 am

Just a quick thought... How difficult would it be to remove the automatic passcode entry at the title screen?

It's sounds tivial I know... but it would be kind of going along with the theme of the game if the user accounts were private and less Accessable...

Long story short I had a great game going for litterally months, (I desided to add some realism by vowing to never press Fast Forward) a relative of mine was screwing around and ended up getting my character disavowed... I know that the back ups are easy enough to restore, I just thought it was annoying, and would give the game a subtle but nice touch...

Another Note:
Reworking the International Stockmarket so that you can "bulk" buy would be great (like the Simply Uplink Mod)... power investing in blocks of ten gets tedious and time consuming.

Also, the Log_Nuke program was an interesting idea...

I'm not looking for someone to do the work for me... though I would not complain if someone did...
All I really want is some guidence on how I would make these changes and maybe contribute to the next beta...
I'm currently working on purchasing the DevCD, so I have yet to find out it's contents or what programing language I need to proficient with to actually make a difference.

Please anyone give me your thoughts.
KingAl
level5
level5

Postby KingAl » Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:22 am

DevCD is in C++.
HaloNothing
level2
level2

Postby HaloNothing » Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:25 am

Thanks...
for the info
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:05 am

1) Didn't you ask this in another topic? Repeatedly asking is frowned upon.

2) It is possible to remove the need for the passcode, however it is against the agreement you make with Introversion when you purchase the DevCD to do so if you are going to actively distribute your modifcation.

3) The DevCD is in C++, and is based on patch 1.31. However frenchfrog has made updates for the DevCD to get is up to date to allow people to start making mods again. Once you get the DevCD you gain access to the DevCD forums and can see all of this.
Uplink help: Read the FAQ
KingAl
level5
level5

Postby KingAl » Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:27 am

I believe he means the Agent passwords, which are automatically filled in when an account is selected - not the keycard code.
HaloNothing
level2
level2

Postby HaloNothing » Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:40 pm

Yes, that's exactly what I mean...

and as for repeat postings... Well it seemed like a good enough subject but I was not sure if the one that it was originally posted as would really ever be looked at... so...

I know repitition is bad enough around here (what with some of the new commers asking the same set of questions for the last five years)

but I am really interested so sought to put it in an appropriate catagory for others that shared my interests...

I have been through the gauntlet before... kind of sucks.

I'm just trying to get onboard and help
ChasM
level2
level2

Agent/Player Authorisation

Postby ChasM » Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:40 am

If the game found a valid Agent name using an incorrect passcode. . .
Hmmm, would the game load a defensive .usr file just to frustrate the login? Should the game offer to register the new hacker?
I've read that the Agent.usr file is loaded before the HUD opens. Prolly at the instant the Agent name is clicked. The "Proceed" button is just a confirmation?

I've often wondered about using a genuine brute-force cracker on this login. But I'd rather not have a non-disclosure contract just to try it.
(-: Chas.M. :-)

Return to “The Future”