VapourWareLink the ultimate online HackSim

Ideas for future addons and sequels

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

LaplaceOperator
level0

VapourWareLink the ultimate online HackSim

Postby LaplaceOperator » Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:30 pm

Hi all

I'm playing with the idea to build an online Hacking Game since some time now.....
until I came to this forum which made me very sceptical because of the many people having tried it before me and having failed at it. Now I'm having Nightmares with Ghost-Projects floating around in Cyber-Space :shock: and my childhood is destroyed :-(

So why did all those attempts to build an online uplink fail?
The ones i saw looked just badly organised. People were desperately to start coding without having a real plan and no design document or a roadmap at all. So mostly they started coding some console or a server or whatever and lost themselves into details. Now this might work for a small game, but not for such a big undertaking as an online uplink clone.

And most importantly many used VB (capital error in itself :twisted: )

I would like to hear other opinions on this. As I have not yet given up on the subject. But I would like to learn from the mistakes the others made.

Thx in advance

iLess

PS: I really looked hard in the forum to find if there is already a discussion on that matter but there is so many threads its impossible to read everything. So maybe this was already covered somewhere else and i would like to know.
Deepsmeg
level5
level5

Postby Deepsmeg » Tue Jan 17, 2006 2:25 pm

There's nothing wrong with using VB to do stuff.
LaplaceOperator
level0

Postby LaplaceOperator » Tue Jan 17, 2006 4:29 pm

oh i'm sorry. The VB thing was not meant seriously.

Return to “The Future”