Uplink 2!!!oneone... just kidding. Actually, for boardies..

Ideas for future addons and sequels

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

Ahtykk
level3
level3

Postby Ahtykk » Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:29 pm

...Don't do that...
GXCori
level0

Postby GXCori » Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:51 am

Actually all the things described here that would be great ideas have been done in a game, just not a multiplayer aspect.

The game is called Shadowrun. There are old school table top versions of this game, a new incarnation from Microsoft due to be released soon and another incarnation that will be an MMORPG, by a small Indie Dev. I think the website is Shadowrun.com.

And perhaps they have this here because maybe they are thinking about it. Perhaps with enough convincing we can get them to make an Uplink 2. I personally think this would blow a few MMORPGs out of the water and take PvP to a whoooole new lvl. Fun!

But I'd suggest they do it before someone else does. I know as soon as *I* get good enough at coding I may be trying to do something like this. It's just an excellent idea all 'round.
sugar and spice and girls who slice @ www.gameinatrix.com
poptartking
level1
level1

Postby poptartking » Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:34 pm

Montyphy wrote:For future additions to the game, for example, LANs weren't originally in the game.

so what was in the place of the arcinfiltration mission?
i found a pine cone!
im so happy.
Digital-NW
level2
level2

Postby Digital-NW » Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:50 am

I think that is was originally another mainframe hack...been to long to remember >_<

Anyway, in regards to the "Why have a furture forum" responses, this forum was created long forfor the announcement of no uplink 2. Additionally, Introversion released the complete source code on uplink to those willing to purchase it. Though this community of "modders" is slim pickings now-a-days, it is still possible that you could (especially with the patch releases as of late) coax some of them into reopening the mod community. Thus making this forum still relevant, :D

Return to “The Future”