notepad program and copy/paste in Uplink

Ideas for future addons and sequels

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

hallucinatingfarmer
level1
level1

notepad program and copy/paste in Uplink

Postby hallucinatingfarmer » Wed Nov 24, 2004 7:07 am

Ok... I've had uplink a while now, and have just got some of the mods and add ons (was smiling when I saw it was possible to escape the blue...)

Now, I don;t know if this has been implemented in the Win only mods, as I'm running Uplink from Linux, but what about a small 'notepad' program running in uplink - you could jot down important IPs, filenames, people etc., things you might need to remember

Ok, so you could just get a good old pad and pencil - but would it not be nice to have it on the screen? :)

Also - there's no option to 'copy and paste' in the Uplink 'OS' - has this been changed by any of the mods?

I'd be interested to know if these ideas have been implemented - or if anyone's tried...

*is saving up for the developer's CD so he can have a stab at it himself...*
To err is to be human,
but if you really want to screw things up
- get a computer
Katana Steel
level2
level2

Postby Katana Steel » Thu Nov 25, 2004 12:34 pm

try write up a mail and Send it.
-- as life grows older, I gain experience
Sun657
level0

Reliance

Postby Sun657 » Sat Dec 10, 2005 5:38 am

Katana Steel wrote:try write up a mail and Send it.

Please tell me how that is relivat to any of this.
Mr. Roboto
level4
level4

Postby Mr. Roboto » Sat Dec 10, 2005 5:43 pm

The email can be used as a small notepad.

Open a new email message, type the info you want to save, then send it out without a target email address. It will come back as undeliverable, but will remain on you screen as long as you don't click the 'delete' button on it. Whenever you need to add data, open it up and type it in.

There might be a mod with a notepad app. Look for Onlink, since it has lots of features.
Delacroix
level1
level1

Postby Delacroix » Sat Dec 10, 2005 6:57 pm

Actually, you can send it WITH a target email address too. None of them work. :)
AJ_Letson
level1
level1

Postby AJ_Letson » Sat Dec 10, 2005 11:03 pm

MOD: Try Simply Uplink-- you're running Linux so I don't know whether you'll need Wine or not. The Notepad program costs 10 credits, and the website is http://www.geocities.com/darkagito/. Enjoy.
AJ Letson
President, BAM! Game Design
http://www.bamgames.tk
xyzyxx
level5
level5

Re: notepad program and copy/paste in Uplink

Postby xyzyxx » Sun Dec 11, 2005 6:35 am

hallucinatingfarmer wrote:Ok... I've had uplink a while now, and have just got some of the mods and add ons (was smiling when I saw it was possible to escape the blue...)

Now, I don;t know if this has been implemented in the Win only mods, as I'm running Uplink from Linux, but what about a small 'notepad' program running in uplink - you could jot down important IPs, filenames, people etc., things you might need to remember

Ok, so you could just get a good old pad and pencil - but would it not be nice to have it on the screen? :)

Also - there's no option to 'copy and paste' in the Uplink 'OS' - has this been changed by any of the mods?

I'd be interested to know if these ideas have been implemented - or if anyone's tried...

*is saving up for the developer's CD so he can have a stab at it himself...*
I find the IP Lookup tool to be a fine substitute for a Notepad. :P
Some people talk because they have something to say. Others talk because they have to say something.

Return to “The Future”