The e-mail system...

Ideas for future addons and sequels

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

flash3k
level1
level1

The e-mail system...

Postby flash3k » Sat Oct 16, 2004 12:14 am

I noticed that in Uplink, that you only really used the 'e-mail' section for sending the files needed to complete a mission, or for being notified of things such as gateway upgrades or loans. But what if that could go further? I mean, what if there were 'people' who you had to co-operate with, the other hackers. It's just a suggestion, but maybe things such as AI hackers could help bring in more depth...
piccolo
level0

Re: The e-mail system...

Postby piccolo » Tue Oct 19, 2004 8:19 pm

flash3k wrote:I noticed that in Uplink, that you only really used the 'e-mail' section for sending the files needed to complete a mission, or for being notified of things such as gateway upgrades or loans. But what if that could go further? I mean, what if there were 'people' who you had to co-operate with, the other hackers. It's just a suggestion, but maybe things such as AI hackers could help bring in more depth...

Dis is a good idea only for use for Multiplayer.
Piccolo

p.s.

dis us my first post in dis forum ;)
flash3k
level1
level1

Postby flash3k » Fri Oct 22, 2004 12:07 am

piccolo wrote:Dis is a good idea only for use for Multiplayer.
Piccolo

p.s.
dis us my first post in dis forum ;)

'Dis' is a good idea- don't say 'dis', it could annoy people...but with that aside, welcome to the Uplink forums, have a nice day... :roll:
GreatStalin
level0

Postby GreatStalin » Thu Oct 28, 2004 7:57 pm

flash3k wrote:I noticed that in Uplink, that you only really used the 'e-mail' section for sending the files needed to complete a mission, or for being notified of things such as gateway upgrades or loans. But what if that could go further? I mean, what if there were 'people' who you had to co-operate with, the other hackers. It's just a suggestion, but maybe things such as AI hackers could help bring in more depth...

I always thought the option to send e-mails without having a mission was useless, as you could simply click 'reply' to send the required e-mail. I think 'twould be a good idea if the other hackers had some sort of AI functions, it might add a deeper aspect to the game. It would also have some good usage if it was a multiplayer too.

I suppose the problem with it might be that the game may become much easier with co-operative features.
"One death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statisic.".
jshadoww
level1
level1

Postby jshadoww » Thu Dec 09, 2004 3:56 am

It could be used for something that could help you trigger AI Agents to start a mission, that way you could cooperate with them on a mission. (Would be very helpful on the GrandTour Misson, that way you could tell them when to start realising the virus.)

Or there could be a new mission added like "Work as a Team to Simultaniously take down multiple Systems". You would trigger the other agents to start and take down the whole company at once,

Those are just some of my ideas for sending emails in uplink.
...Yeah that ^ says something...If you can read it.
The_Last_Brethren
level1
level1

Postby The_Last_Brethren » Fri Mar 04, 2005 2:27 pm

Hmmm.... When Arunmor asks for any help possible in the news. They say to send any advice to internal@Arunmor.net . I got bored with ARC so I sent them a copy of Revelation and it just said, "Failed to send mail to unknown location".
People say that Practice makes perfect,
But they also say that no one is perfect,
So why bother practicing?

Return to “The Future”