Wouldn't this be cool

Ideas for future addons and sequels

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

TED_666
level1
level1

Wouldn't this be cool

Postby TED_666 » Wed Jun 09, 2004 12:39 pm

I can almost hear it now, For a sequal to uplink. A game where you have to assist terrorists in breaking into a building, I know this has appeared in many places before but I can hear this "terrorist communicating over mini microphone: the locks got a rate 10 password encyrption hacker: I'm on it (you wouldnt actualy talk) you would then have to find which floor they were on and run some kind of program on the door.

it would be cool if you kind of had a top down view on everything and a very basic view. If you cannot find what type of lock it is you could communicate to one of the terrorists to take a digital photo of the lock and then use your technical expertise to undo it.

please elaborate!
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Wed Jun 09, 2004 12:47 pm

Interesting idea over all I guess, but Uplink 2 does not exist, and unless Chris and the rest of Introversion decide otherwise, it will never occur.

Chris and IV stated they don't want to be just known for Uplink, and Uplink style games, hence Darwinia and <the next game, formerly known as the next next game>, are completely different.

Yes someone else could make Uplink 2 is what you are going to say right? Well unless IV allow that, that's another nope I'm afraid. Someone could code it for a mod using the DevCD, but a mod that large would be quite an undertaking requiring thousands of lines of code.
Uplink help: Read the FAQ

Return to “The Future”