Couple more ideas

Ideas for future addons and sequels

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

ludolf
level0

Couple more ideas

Postby ludolf » Fri Apr 30, 2004 4:18 pm

Well i've read a lot and i saw lot's of great ideas. Even if IV isen't looking for a new UPLINK, let me try to add a few new things to a possible UL2. (first of all, sorry about my english, it isen't my native language, and i'm not very bright in it LOL)

1. 3D GUI's, maybe as an late upgrade to the GUIs, Like a CUBE, where you could rotate the faces, and each one of them would be a screen, for example you could choose to seee the botton face, and be able to see diferent faces for up, down, left and right, and one would be behind you. You could rotate them with the directional arrows.

2. New content, as you can imagine, in the year o 2010, everything would be controled by computers, so why not to have some "ACTION" i mean for example assassination missions, hack into the refrigeration system of a building and turn the air conditioner to the maximum, lock the doors, and freeze a victmim to death! or maybe, hack into the congress closed TV circuit and wait for the target congressman enter in the elevator, and mess with the elevator... you get my point don't ya?

3. You should start as a young undergraduate at a system engineering scholl, and hack a lot of N00b stuff before be contacted by uplink, like web pages, warez, game cracks, and stuff. It would be so cool, to do a DOS attack. add companyes home pages, personal blogs, so for exemple if you don't have a powerfull password cracker, maybe you could look for hints in the admin blogger.

4. With lot's of personal content in the game, i can think about lot's of things, for example JOBs, use the power of your gateway to get some extra bucks with the old and good SPAMMING service, or maybe hack into a public person computer, steal maybe some nude pictures or movie, or any other file that would be great for a other very noble job. BLACKMAIL. And send a e-mail to the person telling please depoist X credits into account XXX or this will be live feed at CNN, YEAH maybe hack into television companyes, and take of the air some programs, or broadcast something. The Jobs are vast. Email Spying, hack into a assembly factory, but some minor defect in a product, like, miss a screw inside a car engine assembly line, and after a few months, go public and tell the midia and process the company, it would make a major recall and stocks would go down. i can divagate about it the entire day.

5. Never mind... maybe next time, after the flames... lol

Look, maybe not even one of my ideas is new, but i think these all would be really cool to see in a hacking game like uplink, i know most of them requires a large team to develop! i wish i could explain in better words, but i'm an english handicap. If anyone is making any expansions/addins, and want to hear more about my ideas please fell free to contact me. I'm not very bright with C++, but i'm and engineer(almost lol), and i know lot's of statistic, financial, optimization and couple things more. Please send me all your flames! i love them... By the way... i'm new to the forums...
cya
BlueScreen
level2
level2

Postby BlueScreen » Sat May 01, 2004 4:18 pm

1, IV started out planning a 3d interface for Uplink, see bonus disc for demos, and Developers CD for code (i think),

the rest would be a case of writting mods for the game to add that sort of feature,
Since we cannot know all that there is to be known about anything, we ought to know a little about everything.  Blaise Pascal (1623 - 1662)
<damn 255 char sig limit>
BOFH
level1
level1

Postby BOFH » Sun May 02, 2004 3:51 am

I like your ideas
ReflectingGod
level5
level5

Postby ReflectingGod » Sun May 02, 2004 7:16 am

Yeah, IV tried 3d, but I think the 2d interface is quite nice...

2. Could certainly be worked upon, but maybe more as a mod....

3. Sounds a little boring....

4. Not sure, some of what was said in that point was better than other stuff...
ME!

Procrastination - Hard work often pays of after time, but laziness always pays off now!

**Bibo ergo sum!**
Superpig
level4
level4

Re: Couple more ideas

Postby Superpig » Sun May 02, 2004 4:41 pm

ludolf wrote:3. You should start as a young undergraduate at a system engineering scholl, and hack a lot of N00b stuff before be contacted by uplink, like web pages, warez, game cracks, and stuff. It would be so cool, to do a DOS attack. add companyes home pages, personal blogs, so for exemple if you don't have a powerfull password cracker, maybe you could look for hints in the admin blogger.

Most of the people who start out hacking "n00b stuff" never go beyond it. The interesting people - the ones worth contacting - are the ones who have impressive technical skill (and write legitimate apps) but are dissatisfied with their lifes or with society.
Superpig
- Saving pigs from untimely fates
ludolf
level0

Postby ludolf » Mon May 03, 2004 1:20 pm

Thanks for your feedback. Yeah my ideas needs lot's of improvements.

Most of the people who start out hacking "n00b stuff" never go beyond it. The interesting people - the ones worth contacting - are the ones who have impressive technical skill (and write legitimate apps) but are dissatisfied with their lifes or with society.

Yeah i guess you're right, but i still think it would be nice to have some history/background, any other ideas?

Yeah, IV tried 3d, but I think the 2d interface is quite nice...

2. Could certainly be worked upon, but maybe more as a mod....

3. Sounds a little boring....

4. Not sure, some of what was said in that point was better than other stuff...

I think 3d would be awesome for a very expensive hud upgrade, maybe navigate in a lan with 3d interface, or a tool for simulate a multimonitor enviroment.

and yes, some points of what i've said are really boring, i wish i could find better words =)) in my head it sounds great lol!

I'll try to come with better stuff... Thanks
ReflectingGod
level5
level5

Postby ReflectingGod » Mon May 03, 2004 1:24 pm

No worries, just keep coming up with those ideas!
ME!

Procrastination - Hard work often pays of after time, but laziness always pays off now!

**Bibo ergo sum!**

Return to “The Future”