What about this?

Ideas for future addons and sequels

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

Crazy Hacker
level1
level1

What about this?

Postby Crazy Hacker » Fri Apr 23, 2004 10:25 pm

I know this is kinda crazy, but what about an independant version of Uplink 2? I mean, it would be a huge project, and the guys from Introversion would have to giev you permission to use the ideas and the system and all that, but it would mean that they don't have to stop working on their current project and the die-hard Uplink fans would finally get their Uplink 2 (you'd stop getting annoyed from their whinning :P ) Anyway, it's just an idea, although I know it's really farfetched and very difficult. But it would be really cool if it could be done. I mean, everybody has ideas to give, so you wouldn't hve to worry about storyline. And as for programming and stuff, someone out there must know how to program... What do you think?
The end is near, and chaos will reign over the cyber-world. And we, the greatest hackers, shall rule over it...
ReflectingGod
level5
level5

Postby ReflectingGod » Sat Apr 24, 2004 3:31 am

I don't think that you would ever get permission from IV to do it. They want to keep their options open for the future, so they won't let anyone else develop a sequel.
ME!

Procrastination - Hard work often pays of after time, but laziness always pays off now!

**Bibo ergo sum!**
Corruptation
level5
level5

Postby Corruptation » Sat Apr 24, 2004 9:53 am

Who said they won't give permission? You aren't even in the IV team!

If they let someone else make a squeal, they may have more time to make new games. Uplink2 might satisfy us for a few more months, more people will buy Uplink to play Uplink2. The IV team will not need to develop Uplink2 and concentrate on making their <the next next next...game>.

So in the long run, IV can earn more money.

But I can't predict the future...
I did defeat Epyon, on Hard Mode but I used up lots of continues. :)
ReflectingGod
level5
level5

Postby ReflectingGod » Sat Apr 24, 2004 10:20 am

I didn't say they wouldn't, I said I didn't think it likely...
ME!

Procrastination - Hard work often pays of after time, but laziness always pays off now!

**Bibo ergo sum!**
Superpig
level4
level4

Postby Superpig » Mon Apr 26, 2004 11:01 am

Corruptation wrote:Who said they won't give permission? You aren't even in the IV team!
It basically never happens. If a third party were to create the Uplink sequel, the best they'd get would probably be a paid license (i.e. pay Introversion for the use of the IP).

If they let someone else make a squeal, they may have more time to make new games. Uplink2 might satisfy us for a few more months, more people will buy Uplink to play Uplink2. The IV team will not need to develop Uplink2 and concentrate on making their <the next next next...game>.
However, if the game is crap (of which the chances are more than likely) then IV's name gets tarnished by something they weren't even involved in.

I sincerely hope IV don't give away their IP, because I'm hoping their smarter than that. They didn't sign it away to some publisher, so they should hold onto it and fight to protect it at all costs.
Superpig
- Saving pigs from untimely fates
Crazy Hacker
level1
level1

Postby Crazy Hacker » Tue Apr 27, 2004 4:22 pm

Well, if a third-party uplink 2 were made, I think they would obviously let IV test it first before it even going out, so if it IS crap, it could be worked on... Anyway, it's a nice dream to think of an Uplink 2, maybe where you could hack into, who knows, maybe your own computer :P
The end is near, and chaos will reign over the cyber-world. And we, the greatest hackers, shall rule over it...

Return to “The Future”