Idea for a bonus campaign...

Ideas for future addons and sequels

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

Vizzerdrix
level1
level1

Idea for a bonus campaign...

Postby Vizzerdrix » Mon Apr 05, 2004 8:25 am

The idea appeared some weeks ago, and as the time passed, I just kept thinking about more stuffs to makes the idea better, but I don't have the Dev CD, nor any C++ programmation skills so the idea has surely more change to get realised if I tell it than if I keep it inside of my mind 'til I die. Here it is and if anyone is interested into stealing the idea to do something with it is free to do so...

Why not add a little contest between several hacking community just before the ARC VS. Arunmor campaign finish? On May 23, the original campaign is over. But, 2 weeks before, there's an event in the gaming company which can't be ignored: E3.

So, a week before the E3 events, a news is posted on the Uplink's news, announcing the E3 and the little contest organized by Uplink and some hacking community. Each community send to their most promising agents an email asking if they want to enter the contest. The goal: "Ruin" the E3. If you accept, Uplink enter in the contest, start giving E3 related mission in the mission list. They also add a board in main menu which will compile the points to know which community played the most important role in the E3 havoc. Giving you 3 or 4 days to acceed to the E3's servers and accomplish the 5 or 6 mission Uplink will give you in order to gives points to your community and make the Uplink community wins the contest. Missions like activate fire alarm, mess with the different's gaming company's logo, shut down the electricity inside the building... some could be 2 or 3 missions joined together to create a long mission, like stealing the source code of a game or program and distribute it to the rest of the world by the Uplink community, but someone else already stole it and you got to trace who did it, hack his own gateway and steal the source from there... Giving the victory to the Uplink community could reward you with an additionnal special mission award, just before the 'net got nuked by revelation.

It would also be fun to ruin the E3 in the Uplink game since Uplink is just one of those little game with simple 2D graphics which make fun of all those 3D games which are showed at the E3.
ReflectingGod
level5
level5

Postby ReflectingGod » Mon Apr 05, 2004 11:21 am

You could almost do this without the DevCD, you couldn't make the news bit, but just make an uber-hard LAN and call it E3 LAN or something.... and then just bring it down or something...
ME!

Procrastination - Hard work often pays of after time, but laziness always pays off now!

**Bibo ergo sum!**
K98thedestroyer
level1
level1

Postby K98thedestroyer » Tue May 04, 2004 6:06 pm

I heard there is some kind of 'LAN Maker'. Check it out!
Kros
level1
level1

Postby Kros » Fri May 14, 2004 7:44 am

I like the idea. Im going to see what I can do about it, dont expect anything, still getting used to the uplink code and C++ and junk.

~Kros

Return to “The Future”