REAL Uplink Online

Ideas for future addons and sequels

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

Linker
level3
level3

Postby Linker » Thu Jan 29, 2004 3:13 am

A simple mathmatical algorithem won't bring a game online... Try reading a book.

Linker
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Thu Jan 29, 2004 6:11 pm

I would believe that shock ts is like a hot air balloon, essentially empty space. So far nothing he has shown us gives us any indication of his programming skills, or the likelyhood of him being able to create a stable multiplayer game.
Uplink help: Read the FAQ
ScareyedHawk
level5
level5

Postby ScareyedHawk » Wed Apr 07, 2004 7:04 pm

This will fail, fail, FAIL!

You sound like a script kiddie using natural words

You're like my friends in school that i simply PWN when we play quake II. They are like "D00d I'm gonna ownzor your @$$" (They really say that... really) (REALLY)
But I shut up and just wins. This was the stats after one game:

ScareyedHawk : 63
Jude: 31
Gustav: 27
Drexor 25
SomeoneMore: 22

My point? You sound like a supernatural human, but you're actually just a little grey transparensy on the Uplink Community
cyberluk
level2
level2

Postby cyberluk » Wed Apr 07, 2004 7:14 pm

2ScreyedHawk: You`re right! That`s my problem too! I hate those script kiddies and all those 'lamers' - I hate when they`re playing Counterstrike and say 'lol' or 'you are lamer' 3x in one sentence. I hate Counterstrike....I hate all who are saying they are the best and in real they are the worst.

I`m also doing on my own and when it`s ready I publish it and WIN :-) And all those 'superhumans' just shut up their mouth.

Actually, I`m working on REAL Uplink: Online - some people are thinking that my project is dead ,but isn`t - it`s name is Flashlink (it`s in Flash MX 2004pro and Java) and It WILL be finished in next 3 months.

It`s web is http://flashlink.neo-games.net - there you find the latest beta version (which is almost playable - you can talk here with other online agents).

I`ve got a sponsor - I will have NEW server and 1Gbit connection thanks to him. My advertisment campaigns would start in 2 months.
I'm out of time :-( ...but you can hit me on ICQ ;-) ...I'm seeking for new friends ;)
Sims
level0

lay off him

Postby Sims » Wed Apr 07, 2004 7:47 pm

Hey leave the guy alone, rather than keep kicking him in the gutter try to give him more advice.

I know little how Uplink works at the code level, but it isn't going to be an easy trip shock.

All i suggest is to try to get a team together.
I want a multi-player LAN version of Uplink, now that would rock.
cyberluk
level2
level2

Postby cyberluk » Wed Apr 07, 2004 7:56 pm

I was searching for some good people who`d join me and start Uplink Online - I didn`t find nobody - I`m almost alone, but I`m very experienced - well, this should be my last freeware game.

My sponsor has spent 2000 pounds (!) for this game. This game is for free thanks to him - I don`t need to pay any monthly fee for connection and I don`t need to buy new server.

There`s 16 000 people registered at forums - but not all of them knows about Flashlink :-/ .....BTW: I have to use Flashlink, even it`s free, because Uplink is a registered trademark of Introversion (don`t know really, because I haven`t seen any 'tm' on any logo yet).
I'm out of time :-( ...but you can hit me on ICQ ;-) ...I'm seeking for new friends ;)
sdozer
level0

Postby sdozer » Wed Apr 14, 2004 9:30 am

ok cyberluk,i'm not good coder.All I know is enough to gte around rp chats on Byond(VERY basic HTML).But I have an idea for the ultimate hacking game and if you want the plans just ask me in an email(they aren't typed or written so basicly the moment you tell me,i activate all that thinking that i've done at movie theatres and while playin uplink and bs replay).Give me credit,and I'm fine.I also know a good byond coder,and claims to be a great coder at many other languages.I can get you his email if you want that too.
Ahdinko
level3
level3

Postby Ahdinko » Sun Apr 18, 2004 10:34 am

Gaah.. my eyes! Someone should put an epilspy warning on that website or something.
I know a good signature when I steal one.
www.perathnia-online.com
Leonel
level0

Postby Leonel » Fri May 07, 2004 5:21 am

A multiplayer Uplink would kick much butt. Good luck with it!
ReflectingGod
level5
level5

Postby ReflectingGod » Fri May 07, 2004 12:00 pm

Please do not bump old topics. The date of the last post was 18th April before you posted there. Check before you post in future...
ME!

Procrastination - Hard work often pays of after time, but laziness always pays off now!

**Bibo ergo sum!**

Return to “The Future”