Ideas for future addons and sequels

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

JTressy
level0

Postby JTressy » Wed Oct 01, 2003 8:44 pm

Think about it, a gang of some kind wants you to hep them rob a bank

1 - hack into the bank and find out the shifts of their security
2 - hack into the managers personal computer and get the code for the vault
3 - hack into the local powerstation to turn off the power as they make the robbery
4 - hack into the bank again and wipe the cctv camera footage
5 - book them a bunch of tickets on a plane
6 - hack into the police computer and send out fake photos of the robbers so they can get through the airprt unnoticed
7- get paid, a lot!

Another thing I thought of was systems getting improved security if they were being hacked a lot, so instead of going straight for the bank to transfer some money from someone else's account, you hack into their computer or tap their phone line to find out what their password is and get in without being noticed

Anyone think these ideas are any good?
Maniak
level4
level4

Postby Maniak » Wed Oct 01, 2003 11:36 pm

Many of these have already been suggested, and would require a lot of coding. The closest we're getting is two step:

1. Steal a bunch of files from a system

2. Copy them into a fileserver

or

1. Steal one file

2. Attach it to an email.

Sorry. If want to know how hard it is, try getting the Dev CD and coding it yourself. Then you'll know why someone hasn't already done it.
Maniak hacks like crazy!
Click here to visit my favorite site! My Profile! Rate Me! Community status: Forum Maniac Newbie Guides!
eggonlegs
level0

Postby eggonlegs » Sun Feb 15, 2004 12:32 am

would be nice in uplink 2 to have time related missions to... as in u needed to switch off power at an exact time to accomplish the mission.  Could even have a set chain of events ud have to follow as in switch off cctv and power to bank at 10:03 then 10:10 hack into traffic light controlling system and turn lights 1,4,8,10 and 13 to green the rest to red.  Italian Job styley
cyberluk
level2
level2

Postby cyberluk » Sun Feb 15, 2004 10:40 am

2Maniak : Do you know how many people are in the world ? Somebody must have the knowledge - and somebody have to do new Uplink or these cool ideas ;-)
I'm out of time :-( ...but you can hit me on ICQ ;-) ...I'm seeking for new friends ;)
ReflectingGod
level5
level5

Postby ReflectingGod » Sun Feb 15, 2004 11:48 am

cyberluk: Plenty of people here have the knowledge, just not the time to do something as complex as that. It's not so much difficult to code as long winded, a lot of code would have to go into something like that.
ME!

Procrastination - Hard work often pays of after time, but laziness always pays off now!

**Bibo ergo sum!**

Return to “The Future”