My idea : make a massive multiplayer game

Ideas for future addons and sequels

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

sweaty bob
level5
level5

Postby sweaty bob » Tue Feb 17, 2004 9:35 am

Anything possible!

but i dont think this will happen because you have to be in the same room as each other to program something big like this everyone needs to know what is going on and what to do next so they over the net it could be possible but hoped dont loook likely imo.

it would be cool and maby it may happen!
cyberluk
level2
level2

Postby cyberluk » Tue Feb 17, 2004 8:31 pm

HEY! did you read my posts ? I`m programmer - I can do the same things what IV guys can do! I`m ALONE :-( I want some good team! My project- Uplink Online aka Flashlink = MMOG is in half of its development - I have working chat in the game(simillar to IRC but done by myself) - new map(zooming with wheel :-) ) - standalone client and server! I want some people whose want to help me...I know how to do it ,but : more people=more brains=Uplink fans can play this game soon! Think ;-) I`m doing this absolutely for free..I have my own server (40GB space) and I have support of some gaming server - they will make Uplink Online server for me(us!) only for some banners.
I'm out of time :-( ...but you can hit me on ICQ ;-) ...I'm seeking for new friends ;)
cyberluk
level2
level2

Postby cyberluk » Tue Feb 17, 2004 8:42 pm

I did also some tracks for soundtrack (about 12 songs) in FL Studio - I`m not so good in music creation :-) I made also about 10 wallpapers in Photoshop/Fireworks - they looks pretty :) My server is currently ofline (www.neo-games.net+http://flashlink.neo-games.net) ,because I`m upgrading my hardware :-D from PII-333Mhz to AthlonXP 2000+...I have experience from working in team over net with people from all over the world - I was working with people on one game - but 5 months ago I left this team, because I was out of time - my knowledge is on level of 30yrs old programmer(which worked in commercial zone). Now I`m working only on Uplink ONLINE - before this project, I was working on newage content management system (web development) and when I finish Uplink online, I will continue developing this cms => I have so much ideas that it should be as good as php-nuke and postnuke together(or the best cms ever :) ) => it will be compatible with about 5 best cms(phpnuke,postnuke,opn,...) Ok that`s all from my side => I`m awaiting your posts :)....if you want to join me, contact me : cyberluk@seznam.cz ...thanks
I'm out of time :-( ...but you can hit me on ICQ ;-) ...I'm seeking for new friends ;)
Ahdinko
level3
level3

Postby Ahdinko » Wed Feb 18, 2004 11:11 pm

i could help you there, but im a C# programmer so i might not be much use to you if your not doing it in C#... drop me a line
Ahdinko@hotmail.com
I know a good signature when I steal one.
www.perathnia-online.com
Miah
level5
level5

Postby Miah » Thu Feb 19, 2004 2:50 am

...of course, you'd all need the DevCD...
cyberluk
level2
level2

Postby cyberluk » Thu Feb 19, 2004 7:31 am

No, we don`t need the DevCD - I`ve started from scratch - I`m not doing it in C++ (altrough I know C,C++ and a little of C#) and OpenGL ,but in Flash ,because this is simple game and it don`t need any complex programming language also Flash has support on many OS ,so people can play it on : Windows,Linux,Macintosh,Solaris,OS/2 and many many more :-) The server is coded in Java.
The last Flash version has a new scripting language AS2 ,which is more OOP ,so it`s very simillar to C++.
I have also got three czech DJs ,which will do the music (for free) - DJ Scarab,DJ Kissneo and DJ Borik - two of them did something in radio already :-D

(Edited by cyberluk at 6:35 am on Feb. 19, 2004)
Agent Zerro
level3
level3

Postby Agent Zerro » Thu Feb 19, 2004 5:41 pm

It whould be cool. We know that hacking on the internet is not like hacking in Uplink, but just play along!
Think the Unthinkable
Expect the Unexpected
Do the Impossible

Miah
level5
level5

Postby Miah » Thu Feb 19, 2004 10:09 pm

Quote: from cyberluk on 12:31 am on Feb. 19, 2004[br]No, we don`t need the DevCD - I`ve started from scratch - I`m not doing it in C++ (altrough I know C,C++ and a little of C#) and OpenGL ,but in Flash ,because this is simple game and it don`t need any complex programming language also Flash has support on many OS ,so people can play it on : Windows,Linux,Macintosh,Solaris,OS/2 and many many more :-) The server is coded in Java.
The last Flash version has a new scripting language AS2 ,which is more OOP ,so it`s very simillar to C++.
I have also got three czech DJs ,which will do the music (for free) - DJ Scarab,DJ Kissneo and DJ Borik - two of them did something in radio already :-D

Flash? damn. Let me know how it turns out :)
Corruptation
level5
level5

Postby Corruptation » Fri Feb 20, 2004 8:08 am

Well, Flash might be faster than coding in C++.
I did defeat Epyon, on Hard Mode but I used up lots of continues. :)
sweaty bob
level5
level5

Postby sweaty bob » Fri Feb 20, 2004 10:43 pm

And look better?
Jackmn
level5
level5

Postby Jackmn » Sun Feb 22, 2004 5:44 am

Quote: from Corruptation on 7:08 am on Feb. 20, 2004[br]Well, Flash might be faster than coding in C++.
Just about anything short of ASM would be faster than C++ =)

It's got many advantages, but development speed isn't one of them.
cyberluk
level2
level2

Postby cyberluk » Sun Feb 22, 2004 9:51 am

heh...yeah Assembler :-) fast for playing , slow for developing . Ehm look at the pictures http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrowse. ... ted=789720

(Edited by cyberluk at 8:52 am on Feb. 22, 2004)
sweaty bob
level5
level5

Postby sweaty bob » Sun Feb 22, 2004 1:13 pm

tbh man it just looks like a new skin for it and theirs only a few little add ons from what i can see.

but the map looks way cooler imo.
CyberGenesis
level2
level2

Postby CyberGenesis » Mon Feb 23, 2004 1:02 am

last time i was here was last summer (Changed my name though) its nice to know no ones given up hope on the ONLINE game. I enjoy this game a lot, and have tried making a VB version(which wasn't hard, but dont ask for it, a virus hit me a couple months ago and i lost everything). I would like to help, my programming knowlage is only HTML, a little ASP, a working knowlage of VB, BASIC, and PASCAL. Sadly until i finished my senior year of HS next year i wont know anything useful like C++ or a better understanding of VB. Im better on ideas than actually doing it. As it stands now my VB RPG is sitting on a floppy in a Alpha Demo stage cause of the annoyance its caused me...

anyway...back on topic...id REALLY like to help, and if i had $45 id grab a DevCD in a heartbeat, but if i can help w/o one i will. *goes back to playing so he can finish writing a Journalized story of an Uplink hacker*
Corruptation
level5
level5

Postby Corruptation » Mon Feb 23, 2004 8:38 am

If you are offering a job for ideas, sorry. I am the game manager already. I choose what I want the game to be turned out. But of course it has the same basic thing as Uplink. :)
I did defeat Epyon, on Hard Mode but I used up lots of continues. :)

Return to “The Future”