All of my ideas

Ideas for future addons and sequels

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

grunadulater
level1
level1

Postby grunadulater » Thu Apr 10, 2003 1:42 am

I think that Uplink2 should be multiplayer. Wait, no, that idea was taken already...

Okay, I think that Uplink2 should have 4 different regions in which you can login. These regions would be the same as the regions on Battle.net. This would take the strain off of the servers and stuff like that. You could still sign in onto other parts of the world, but it would be slower.

Each person has their own mainframe. It can be in any city in the world that's listed on the choices. Wait, scratch that. Each person can have a choice of having a safe, protective mainframe in the Uplink corperations servers. They can never start a buisness from this mainframe, nor can they be hacked, nor can they put up files on the web. The other choice would be to buy your own mainframe somewhere in the world. This would be able to be hacked, but you won't be known enough to be hacked until you gain enough money and take enough loans to start your buisness and sell items at the prices you choose. This means that you have the buy a copy of the initial code of the product, then you can sell that product. the initial code would cost a lot, but you can sell your copys for as much or as little as you want. Whatever makes you more money. At the same time, you can be a hacker, but it wouldn't be recommended to be a hacker and have a buisness.

Hacks would be preformed a bit differently. There would be a lot of new different security systems and crackers. There would be new virus's that do special things, such as crack a password while you hack, but these virus's would cost a money. Their extream benefit is that they themselves can't be traced.

Not only would there be in-game IRC, but there would be in-game webboards and Instant messagers as well. There could be a different message board/IRC room for each clan/buisness.

Clans would be able to help each other in mass-hacks. They could also help defend from other hackers. People can be in charge of different parts of a LAN. A LAN would be the main way to get inside any server.

Possible programs:
Bypasser virii
Cracker virii
file/log deleter virii
tracer virii
defencive virii (infect when hacker attacks a system)
fake file virii
total destruction virii (revelation)
LAN_security tools
LAN_hack tools (would create backdoors in LANs)

I could think of tons more, but I can't stay on any longer.
grunadulater
level1
level1

Postby grunadulater » Thu Apr 10, 2003 1:45 am

Oh yeah. All of a persons records would actually have files, not just type in the name. The files can be encrypted so that they couldn't be hacked easily.
scutum
level4
level4

Postby scutum » Sun Apr 13, 2003 6:26 pm

look around u! every 1 dreams of the multiplayer upilnk! and you'd have 2 make it because every1s spoken 2 chris and he's not doing it. + some1s all ready had the idea of starting a mainframe and god nos how i've campaigned 4 those wonderful virri. nice idea all the same:cool:
humanity is a virus
I am the cure 011000100110
Jackmn
level5
level5

Postby Jackmn » Mon Apr 14, 2003 2:48 am

The game formula wouldn't work well with multiplayer, since, in the end, it all boils down to "My level [x] [program name] defeats your level [y] [defense]"

No matter how far you expand the current system, there would need to be programming, or something equally difficult, to make the game worthwhile.

Return to “The Future”