level5
level5

Postby Miah » Mon Dec 08, 2003 6:14 am

bah, did I say that back then?
Aun
level1
level1

Postby Aun » Wed Dec 24, 2003 9:38 pm

How about a program that copies all the .DAT files and dumps them in your memory?
OzOnE
level0

Postby OzOnE » Wed Jan 07, 2004 9:44 pm

When browsing the InterNIC site to add quick-connect links, it would be sweet if the slide bar and the site icons were on the same side, like on the Gateway quick-connect.
OzOnE
level0

Postby OzOnE » Wed Jan 07, 2004 10:48 pm

What about a "Cancel Last" button on the map that will allow you to cancel the "last link" instead of the entire map, just in case you select the wrong link prematurely
Messiah
level0

Postby Messiah » Thu Jan 08, 2004 12:32 am

Hey guys! Just registered today.
I think it would be better to improve the gateways (hardware). Why the maximum CPU is 120 MHz? And memory 32? Why there is no floppy or hard drive? Or maybe CDROM? Or other stuff like sound cards, lan cards... Other ways of hacking, making own programs! Maybe other OSs? Just I want to see it real... Like in real life. More reality, more interest. The game is cool, but if it will be more real... Just think. Like real life. The best I can imagine is Uplink Online (example Ultima Online)! Thousand of people hacking other people without real punishment. Huh... just dreaming. (but who knows?)
Developers made a great job. Just keep working, don't stop!

P.S. It's a little bit hard to say everything I want in english, cause' I just learning it...
...the Lord thy god will raise up unto thee a prophet from the midst of thee...
"Messiah, Son of God"
Nickey
level1
level1

Postby Nickey » Thu Jan 08, 2004 11:49 am

lol im sure no1 thought of this b4....maybe some one did but wateva

Why not make MORE viruses but....then ppl will complain that he/she has a very strong virus and the game is getting easy.......then why not make it so that  companies start including anti virus ...so that  u cant use the same virus for too long...it will be hunted down :D
Darksun
level5
level5

Postby Darksun » Thu Jan 08, 2004 12:23 pm

Messiah, you can get gateways off the internet that allow masses of CPUs, so just just run 10 120GHz cpus. Ditto Memory.

Also, what point would CD/Floppy drives and sound and network cards have?
Messiah
level0

Postby Messiah » Fri Jan 09, 2004 12:04 am

Also, what point would CD/Floppy drives and sound and network cards have?

It was just an example... Maybe they don't... But the main idea of what I said was "more real". Everybody sais: more programs, more viruses, more missions, more hardware, more features, more... That's it...
Including of some kind program maker will be great (virus is programs too). More kind of gateways. Not like that on modlink.net (too cool, low price, different).  

(Edited by Messiah at 11:08 pm on Jan. 8, 2004)

"Messiah, Son of God"
Messiah
level0

Postby Messiah » Fri Jan 09, 2004 12:34 pm

Here is one more thing:
The IP?! I don't like it. Why it is over the standard?
Why there are numbers more than 255? The standard ip range is from 0.0.0.0 to 255.255.255.255. Just image how much computers will be that!
There are numbers even to 990 in game! There are too small computers to go out of the range 255. As for me (i don't know how others are thinking) it would be better don't go out of the range (unless there will be so much computers, that they won't fit in this range). So use ip range from 0.0.0.0 to 255.255.255.255

"Messiah, Son of God"
Messiah
level0

Postby Messiah » Fri Jan 09, 2004 2:59 pm

I'm back again. (heh :-) )
Forgot to tell about two more things:
1. At the beginning you rating increases to fast and you can't buy required software or hardware to complete missions with such rating! Maybe should fix it?
2. When you have a lot of money (I have hacked 2 banks and stolen 2 000 000). WHAT TO DO WITH THIS MONEY??? I bought everything and I still have around 1 500 000... That's not very interesting! Maybe improve bank security systems or find the way to spend them!

"Messiah, Son of God"
Vizzerdrix
level1
level1

Postby Vizzerdrix » Fri Jan 09, 2004 9:00 pm

Upgrade for the differents security devices.
First, you got a news about the release of monitor, proxy or firewall v6.0, and several company upgrade their security systems.
Then, 3 weeks after, a news about a leak of the source code of the differents security systems.
And a week after, the version 6.0 or higher of Firewall, Monitor, or Proxy Disable/Bypass are released.
Same could happen for the decypher, or the VDPin security (getting VDPin with bigger grid or 3 colors VDPin)

And a cycling between the minor company would be cool too (those which don't own a bank). Some companies bankrupt and new companies are created.

On a side note, am I the only one who think this damn "Reset the data" button, near the "submit" button, should be removed? :P
Messiah
level0

Postby Messiah » Sat Jan 10, 2004 2:47 am

Hey and what about mission time? It never ends! Why? I can take mission and hold it for month! Is is the way it must be? Maybe should think of making time for mission? For example complete in one day, in two... (in 1 hour or less, hehe, to keep pressure)

"Messiah, Son of God"
brandx0
level0

Postby brandx0 » Wed Jan 14, 2004 11:28 am

All right, here's an idea, and for the record I haven't read the entire thread, so if this idea has been brought up before, I'm sorry.  

Most people agree they want some sort of virus program, though disagreement lies in whether these viruses should have programmability or not, well how about this:

You can buy a series of sub programs that form componants of viruses, and one main program that would be a compiler.  These sub programs might have basic virus types (worm, trojan, which would each affect the target differently and be immune to different types of software) and could have additional functions such as keyloggers, filegrabbers, bios attacks, backdoors, stealth, etc, and depending on your version of the compiler you could add more and more functions to the virus.  When it has the functions you want you compile it and send it to the target.  Then it would compare to their anti virus software and if the virus came out on top its effects go into play.  This might be pretty difficult to code, I haven't dabbled in the dev CD at all so I don't know, but it would be an idea that I think might be doable.  Maybe to make the process of making viruses less common though, the programs should be rather expensive, or perhaps you may only use each once (because as the virus is used anti-virus software of the future is able to find the specific source code and catch up to it?).  Maybe if you included a certain spread type or tracker in the virus you could watch the spread a-la revalation?  Or on the other hand you could have certain tracker programs to find the spread of new virii and choose to try and stop them or not, perhaps missions?  They might be high risk and give a lot of pay, but on the other hand there may be a chance of getting your computer infected with the virus?  These are all just a ton of ideas I'm throwing in
WarBorg
level4
level4

Postby WarBorg » Wed Jan 14, 2004 1:19 pm

Borg Online

cool ideea U know I had somethign like that:

it was an argue about if they shold include a scripting language in the game or not and i camed up with a similar ideea wich included a compiler and packets wich cold have been bought or stolen from difrent hacked box'es and u cold put in thos packets and create the virus depending on the compiler and packets

Borg Offline
Last edited by WarBorg on Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mess With The Best
Die Like The Rest
Mat2010
level1
level1

Postby Mat2010 » Wed Jan 14, 2004 8:57 pm

That sounds pretty cool. Maybe you could have to buy an antivirus program so that your gateway isn't destroyed and as said before you could have different level antivirus programs to stop the various viruses.

You could have the antivirus program shown in the hud upgrade so that it can be disabled and/or bypassed.
I'm not paranoid, they're really after me!!

Return to “The Future”