RedBlue
level0

Postby RedBlue » Thu Aug 08, 2002 9:28 pm

not good
Dalimyr
level1
level1

Postby Dalimyr » Fri Aug 09, 2002 5:14 pm

It's easy to understand why the save option was not put in and how you go to game over when you are caught, but when you see that another agent is caught, it says that he will be in jail for 10-15 years and will have a lifetime ban on use of computers or something like that. What if the game just advanced 10-15 years and you then accessed computers illegally. There could be something in your criminal record or somewhere saying that you are banned from using computers. you hack the Criminal Database and erase that small line of text, and you're back in the game.
Bear in mind that this type of thing happens in real life (people get banned from using computers and they use them illegally), so you can't exactly say that it's a bad idea.
The dead sing their own lullabies
XmAkiNA
level2
level2

Postby XmAkiNA » Sun Aug 11, 2002 9:53 pm

I like uplinks lack of a save feature. Like a lot of people have already said, it adds an edge of realism. So you make one mistake. You forgot to delete that one log. So? thats how the REAL hackers are caught. You make one mistake, and BANG. your caught. In Uplink, to really add to the realism, you can't be traced home. Don't forget, that the idea of the gateways is that you connect to them from your home pc. The one which has the game installed. So, the idea of time advancing 15 years is kind of flawed because it would mean that you wouldn't be able to play Uplink for 15 years. And that would just suck!
Psychominik
level0

Postby Psychominik » Mon Aug 12, 2002 1:21 am

But in Uplink you work like a robot. The Missions at the beginning are always the same. Its so boring doing this again and again. Thats not realistic. You come to a point you stop thinkin about what youre doing. Because of this you lose attention on some things and you get caught. In real life every Mission is unique. So that wont happen in reality!
In my restless dreams.....I see that town......SILENT HILL........
Polarbear
level0

Postby Polarbear » Thu Aug 15, 2002 11:10 am

This is a simluation of Hacking and as such is trying to keep as much of the feel of hacking as possible.  Maybe poeple should treat this like a real situation and sleep everyso often before they get the good idea of going for the big hack.

Real life sucks like this as well!!!!  Get caught and get shot kind of thing, no saves, no second chance.

Get the drift.
Real life sucks.....Sometimes!!!
superneo
level1
level1

Postby superneo » Mon Aug 19, 2002 7:28 pm

yea that 2 gateway idea is good, and YOU have to keep updating it with you data or lose it if ur caught. but i dont think you should be able to bounce from it. also i think you should have to pay 200 credits extra a month to not have ur personal details on ur gateway but if u get caught and your details ARE on the pc, u get arrested and either spend ur time in jail or you can use the CRAP PC they give you to keep up with news to get some hacker friend to clear your record and reduce you sentence. Then once out you have to get a new user and unless you put your money in a different bank you start with 2000 loan (punishment for being careless) and had a second gateway, u start with ALPHA again.
Signature:
a persons name, initials, or mark used in signing a letter, document, or in this case, a forum post.
unknown542
level0

Postby unknown542 » Tue Aug 20, 2002 1:55 pm

they could make more Gateways and different hardware and more uniqe missions, and so   on
Nekra
level0

Postby Nekra » Tue Aug 20, 2002 3:04 pm

just for reference try to reconect to your gateway after you have been disavowed and it tells u why u were disavowed, as in where you went wrong. if your so skilless that you can't just go rob a bank and build a massive system, you rerally shouldn't be playing
In the great scheme of eternity, life is but a short break from the norm.
WarBorg
level4
level4

Postby WarBorg » Thu Aug 22, 2002 11:12 pm

I say learn how to dont get cought :) like your firt=st bounce should be thru InterNic and after finishing the game delete the logs with a v 4.0 log deleter :P
Last edited by WarBorg on Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mess With The Best
Die Like The Rest
Unforsaken2001
level0

Postby Unforsaken2001 » Sat Sep 07, 2002 8:12 am

i believe that havin to start over should teach you what you did or didnt do that lead to bein busted, and you would learn enough to not get busted for it again, i agree that a save feature would ruin most of the fun in the game, because the feelin of gettin caught is the fun of the game, and that would destroy that feelin.
"You sterotype me, cause you dont like me, well you dont even know me.. you dont know me" Fred Durst
WarBorg
level4
level4

Postby WarBorg » Sun Sep 08, 2002 12:36 am

yes I agree that the should tell you who cought you what company not just that a company ... :) it shold tell you the company no ?
Mess With The Best
Die Like The Rest

Return to “The Future”