I need help with the first mission. Revelation tracker?

Discussion on the full game [spoilers]

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

GDAWG
level0

I need help with the first mission. Revelation tracker?

Postby GDAWG » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:29 am

I know that the first thing that somebody is going to tell me to do is read the FAQ, but it wasn't helping. What is Revelation tracker? I'm trying to upload it to Arunmor. I copy Revelation from my memory into the Arunmor file server, then I go into the console and type "cd usr" then "run revelation tracker." It says "program not found." What am I missing?
mr_anonymous
level3
level3

Postby mr_anonymous » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:58 am

Are you sure that you are typing the name of the program correctly? Remember, the program might informally be called "Revelation Tracker," but that is not the name of the executable file that you copied over to the server. Make sure that what you type matches up with what you installed.
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:18 am

Are you sure the file is stored in usr? Tried running dir to see if it's there?
Uplink help: Check out the Guide or FAQ.
Latest Uplink patch is v1.55.
Guy_Barnard
level0

Postby Guy_Barnard » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:50 am

If you copied the tracker in the usr directory, you type "cd usr" then "Run RevelationTracer" no spaces.
tel niasa
level1
level1

Postby tel niasa » Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:02 pm

Guy_Barnard wrote:If you copied the tracker in the usr directory, you type "cd usr" then "Run RevelationTracer" no spaces.

don't you just love command line interpreters...
cst1992
level1
level1

Re: I need help with the first mission. Revelation tracker?

Postby cst1992 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:30 pm

GDAWG wrote:I know that the first thing that somebody is going to tell me to do is read the FAQ, but it wasn't helping. What is Revelation tracker? I'm trying to upload it to Arunmor. I copy Revelation from my memory into the Arunmor file server, then I go into the console and type "cd usr" then "run revelation tracker." It says "program not found." What am I missing?

write exactly like this:
I:>cd usr
usr:>run revelationtracer
done.
Long-returning member
AgentQuintic
level0

Re: I need help with the first mission. Revelation tracker?

Postby AgentQuintic » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:31 am

GDAWG wrote:I copy Revelation from my memory into the Arunmor file server, then I go into the console and type "cd usr" then "run revelation tracker." It says "program not found." What am I missing?

I noticed you said that you copied "Revelation" from your memory and uploaded it to the "Arunmor File Server," and then tried to run it using the command 'run revelation tracker' from the 'usr' directory. If this really is what you meant, then you are doing a lot of things wrong.

First of all, the file itself is called "RevelationTracer." Second, it begins on the Arunmor File Server system. Your task is to copy it from this system and save it to your memory, then hack into the ARC Internal Services Machine, copy the "RevelationTracer" file from your memory and place it in the ARC Machine's file server, then enter the console, type 'cd usr' [ENTER] 'run RevelationTracer' [ENTER] 'exit' [ENTER]; then remove your logs from the Machine and skedaddle. (Finally, don't forget to remove the InterNIC logs as well.)

Admittedly, I didn't figure this out myself. I had the help of The Ultimate Uplink Guide. It may prove useful to you too.

P.S. I just realized that the Arunmor File Server doesn't have a console, so that couldn't have been what you were typing the commands into. Still, I hope I've helped clear everything up.

Return to “The Full Game”