How to be an ARC/Arunmor double agent

Discussion on the full game [spoilers]

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

Spudnewt
level0

How to be an ARC/Arunmor double agent

Postby Spudnewt » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:17 pm

I know you can play both storyline missions at the same time but is there any way to side with Arunmor in the end? I end up getting to the last mission and uplink always busts me for working for andromeda regardless if i abandon last mission or second last mission. I've even tried nuking my gateway but they still bust me !
Do you just have go with ARC if you try to be a double agent?

I initiated both story lines by getting the invitation from ARC then waiting for Arunmor counter offer.. I then completed the ARC mission and then replied back to arunmor's email. Am I just doing this wrong or can you not side with Arunmor if you are a double agent??
orillian
level4
level4

Postby orillian » Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:54 pm

not sure, i know that there is one company after a point only contact you by email and another that posts on bbs, so it is possible that you can only work for one and finish the story with arunmor
Spudnewt
level0

Postby Spudnewt » Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:33 pm

orillian wrote:not sure, i know that there is one company after a point only contact you by email and another that posts on bbs, so it is possible that you can only work for one and finish the story with arunmor

arc gives you the initial offer once you track down revelationcore0.7 and if you wait a few days arunmor gives you a counter offer.

if you just take the counter offer, arc emails you saying that youve betrayed them etc etc and you aren't able to do that side of the storyline missions... they don't even show up on the mission board.
However, if you get the email from arunmor and THEN do the arc mission first (which is to run revelation on an arunmor internal services system) and THEN send arunmor a copy of revelation, arc still sends you missions and arunmor missions get posted on the mission board.

my problem lies within the fact that there really isn't an obvious way to eventually just pick a side. Once you get to the final mission, uplink will bust you after a certain time interval even if you do propagate the last version of revelation or not. Like i said in my first post, even nuking your gateway doesn't wipe your slate clean for this either.

What I want to know is how to do BOTH storylines and finish off with arunmor because i dont want to destroy the internet
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:01 am

It is somewhat possible to work both sides. You have to start with ARC though.
Uplink help: Read the FAQ
-=S.P.A.R.K.Y.=-
level0

Postby -=S.P.A.R.K.Y.=- » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:43 am

Just start with ARC, and when you get the mail from Arunmor, just make a copy of your .usr file as backup.
Do the ARC missions.

When finished, start from the old game, rename it to <user>-Arunmor.usr if you would like to keep your score vir ARC.
Then just finish the game on the other side to.

That's my best bet...
.\/.
@
Phelanpt
level5
level5

Postby Phelanpt » Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:27 pm

I think they were trying to do it without backing up user profiles.
Also, that post was a bit bumpy.

Return to “The Full Game”