Qustion about SLH(Story Line Hacking) and other sinceless BS

Discussion on the full game [spoilers]

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

SykoPat
level0

Qustion about SLH(Story Line Hacking) and other sinceless BS

Postby SykoPat » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:35 am

Ok so in the beginning I have to do alot of jobs to get the money I need to get my Gateway going good enough to get into banks with out getting caught. The only problem with this is that by the time I get all this stuff together(when I say stuff I mean monitor bypass, proxy bypass, log deleter, password breaker, trace tracker. That stuff.) The first storyline mission has passed. My current date in my current game is 9th August 2010. I guess my question would be. Is it possible to get back into the storyline missions, or should I just keep hacking for my own self glory?

Oh yeah, can anyone tell me how to hack using the LAN and voice stuff? I just finally reached a level of mage, and I've been playing uplink off and on for about 2 and a half to 3 years now. I don't get much time to play it, so yeah, and I used to get caught all the time.

I've got the highest upgrades on my gateway that you can get for the game. Highest upgrades for software, and hardware, and I've still got credits to burn. I got lucky and did a money transfer with a guy who had alot of credits in his account. I think I might have ruined his life. LOL.
orillian
level4
level4

Postby orillian » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:24 pm

answer to the first

the good guys of the game will post up missions on the bbs
look for missions that dont match the normal criteria

2. use the Ultimate uplink guide

google it

you will find out how to use the stuff there
Tsunamii
level1
level1

Postby Tsunamii » Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:51 pm

Its easily possible to have enough money to do the storyline quests before you get them, its ultra easy if you are cheezing your way into money by bank hacking.

The key is to always ask for more money and always ask for half now. Never just accept missions right off the list until you dont care about money anymore.

Also, perhaps its just me and the fact that I dont care, but I usually do 4 or 5 hacks and then cover my tracks once for all of them. You get 4 or 5 times the number of hacks accomplished per unit of game time this way, and that is ever helpful when you want to increase your rankings and money in the lowest number of game days.

To do the voice analyzer stuff, you need to look into public access servers and call the technical guys with the software active.

Tsunamii

Return to “The Full Game”