Revelation Insanity

Discussion on the full game [spoilers]

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

Kulkun
level0

Revelation Insanity

Postby Kulkun » Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:32 am

Alright. I've been trying the ARC storyline many times now and I just can't get it right. Tried the tactic mentioning to copy everything in first and then start running them like crazy... They caught me before I ran any of the copies of revelation that I had.

Now I'm just curious if there's any way to thwart arunmor from accomplishing the arunmor missions (such as arresting ARC's CEO, or the attack that brings me from my happy v5.0 to 3.0 just before the final mission). I've had every uplink agent arrested and I still can't get it all done fast enough. Anyone have any advice?
frenchfrog
level5
level5

Postby frenchfrog » Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:30 pm

Nuke Arunmor servers a couple of times? (I think it do something somewhere in the storyline)
The Ultimate Uplink Guide (for any question on Uplink)
Latest Uplink Patch
Kulkun
level0

Postby Kulkun » Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:54 pm

Nope. Didn't change anything.

Does disabling the security systems help after bypassing them? The thing I see as the problem is that the virus isn't spreading despite being successful at every arc mission
frenchfrog
level5
level5

Postby frenchfrog » Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:13 am

I do remember that it's possible to run revelation on a system and the system _resist_. And I think it's indeed related to running securities.
Kulkun
level0

Postby Kulkun » Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:58 am

Well unfortunately, aftering trying it that way, it still doesn't seem to spread. I know the systems aren't being vaccinated by Faith because they still got the 404 error when I try checking back on them. I'm even using one of the super customer gateways for this and I just can't get it done. It's driving me crazy.
Kulkun
level0

Postby Kulkun » Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:48 am

Ok I nearly infected every internal services machine and it still didn't do it (only had like 4 or 5 to do every single one). Should I infect something else? Would mainframes be even better, despite the voice analyzer time sapping?
necropolis123
level1
level1

Postby necropolis123 » Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:07 pm

no, Internal services all the way.

and there is a way to stop Arunmor from arresting ARC's CEO ant that...

if you accept the ARC side of the storyline then Arunmor will post the missions that you would normally do for them in the BBS,

simply contact them, demand all of the money up front, then abondon the mission!!!!

your Agent rating can go down...but simply hack a few banks to bring it back up,

when i do it like this revelation is usually about V3.0 and Faith is around V1.0

and as for actually spreading the virus i don't know...

i tried infecting systems and then running the virus afterwards but like you i was caught before i ran one copy of it....
"We trust no one Danny, no one."
Deuteronomy
level0

Postby Deuteronomy » Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:41 am

Well, I've managed to come close. All the e-mails still talk about the ARC executive getting arrested, and they came really close.

See, there are three Arunmor missions that show up that you can take WHILE you're doing the ARC storyline. If you, say, grab those so no other agent can...

and then never do them AND never abort them...

Then they never actually happen. Right now I'm trying to do the final ARC mission against Faith v0.2.

Return to “The Full Game”