Multimonitor support

Discussion on the full game [spoilers]

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

chase-san
level0

Multimonitor support

Postby chase-san » Sat Jul 29, 2006 12:50 pm

Okay, I have a problem while setting up dual-monitor support with this, I think it might be more "managable" on linux but on windows its damn hard.

Okay well I know how the server and all that works so no need to go into that but what I need to know is how can I start uplink, fullscreen (or heck, even windowed for that matter, as it freezes if I drag it there) on my second monitor.

You may of answered this before but the search engine turns up a bunch of garbage.
prophile
level5
level5

Postby prophile » Sat Jul 29, 2006 3:27 pm

Run uplink on the other computer and enter the IP of the first computer.
chase-san
level0

Postby chase-san » Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:36 pm

huh, wa?

(thats not what i'm asking, i'm running both on the same system and dual monitors, my system supports "Dual" monitors *huggles video card*)
Mr. Roboto
level4
level4

Postby Mr. Roboto » Sat Jul 29, 2006 8:41 pm

I believe there is a way to run multimonitor support on a single system, but it requires that you run Uplink twice on your system.

For the client copy, select 127.0.0.1 as the server to connect to, since the server is running on the same system. If this works, all you need to do is move the windows to the monitors you want them to appear in, that's if you haven't started them in the right monitors.

This should work... in theory. I haven't been able to try it myself, so it's a shot in the dark. If it does work, let us know.
chase-san
level0

Postby chase-san » Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:00 pm

Rephrasing:

I know how to get it to work, I just donno how to get it to pop up on my second monitor correctly.

(window mode freezes when I drag it over,
and I can't get a fullscreen version to run in the second monitor.)
chase-san
level0

Postby chase-san » Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:25 pm

actually, this is wierd buuut.

I did a little more digging and did a few tests, and it seems that uplink doesn't run correctly on anything but the primary monitor of your system.

This means you have to use another computer or just have two windows open on the same monitor (kinda defeats the purpose)

Return to “The Full Game”