Discussion on the full game [spoilers]

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

ScareyedHawk
level5
level5

Re: OMGWTFCHKNBBQNOW!!!

Postby ScareyedHawk » Tue Jul 04, 2006 3:30 am

DarkWraith007 wrote:
ScareyedHawk wrote:Don't you just love it when some random newbie appears from absolute nowhere and starts giving advice to veterans since 3-5 years back?

*cynical smirk*
Who said the advice was for you?
Obviously you're such a l33t h4x0R that you could beat the game blindfolded, and you probably have the Dev CD and have made a crapload of the best mods out there. Oh I bet you're also on the Onlink mod development team, utilizing your EXTENSIVE knowledge of programming and uber-l33t hax0rz sk!llz to make life easier and better for the rest of us poor pathetic n00bs that can't possibly EVEN HOPE to comprehend the vastness of your greatly superior intellect! In fact, perhaps you could go to the Dev forum and explain to them the intricate inner workings of the entire game, down to each detail, hmm? Obviously you're such a MASTER at it that you've devoted such considerable time for it. And truely your words of wisdom shall inspire us all!!!

Till then. ^_^

Please don't call me "l33t h4x0R".
I do not have the Dev CD, I've never created a mod, not even particioned in creating one.
I've hardly played Onlink at all. I tried the beta
about half a year ago, but because of constant crashing and missing software descriptions I got bored.
Master of the game?
Very likely.
Thanks to reading already existing FAQs and guides.
About now, there are 1001 FAQs.
If only you had read the FAQ before posting here, you wouldn't have to ask us, and you wouldn't have to write one yourself.
Babylon5
level5
level5

Postby Babylon5 » Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:51 am

Ooh, bitch.

No, I have NOT fixed my speakers.
DarkWraith007
level1
level1

Postby DarkWraith007 » Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:43 pm

ScareyedHawk wrote:Please don't call me "l33t h4x0R".
I do not have the Dev CD, I've never created a mod, not even particioned in creating one.
I've hardly played Onlink at all. I tried the beta
about half a year ago, but because of constant crashing and missing software descriptions I got bored.
Master of the game?
Very likely.
Thanks to reading already existing FAQs and guides.
About now, there are 1001 FAQs.
If only you had read the FAQ before posting here, you wouldn't have to ask us, and you wouldn't have to write one yourself.

"Particioned"? *smirks* Interesting word choice, if it wasn't spelled wrong.

Onlink's in development, though I'd have thought the oh-so-mighty veterans would do more then sit around on a forum bashing newbies and actually show off their game prowess. Guess not...>_>
A *true* master of the game would have the Dev CD and either make their own mods or help others make them. That might keep you from lurking around on the forums at least.

Do so enlighten the humble newbies here and perhaps bequeath unto us a link to this mighty FAQ of the UpLinking video game?

*cynical smile* The search function is QUITE HELPFUL, doncha think? Its OH SO EASY to actually find what you're looking for, so no wonder everyone doesn't repost the same thing instead of searching. My goodness! =O

Babylon5 wrote:Ooh, bitch.

Very eloquent, here's a cookie. *claps*

Till then.
xyzyxx
level5
level5

Re: reply

Postby xyzyxx » Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:33 pm

DarkWraith007 wrote:Do so enlighten the humble newbies here and perhaps bequeath unto us a link to this mighty FAQ of the UpLinking video game?
You know what? A link to the FAQ was posted (by frenchfrog) in the first reply to this thread. [size=0]Moron.[/size]

Also, here's another good link: The Ultimate Uplink Guide.
Some people talk because they have something to say. Others talk because they have to say something.
DarkWraith007
level1
level1

odd

Postby DarkWraith007 » Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:05 am

That's odd, I thought there were 1000+ FAQs out there related to Uplink.

I already went to that FAQ linked earlier and it didn't help out. You needed to do certain things in a certain order, plus use Log Deleter v4. Both things I figured out myself, a bit later. But bank hacking isn't so tough now.

Lets see...
-Hacked into Uplink Internal Services System
-Copied all the files there
-Deleted everything on the file server
-Decrypted and analyzed what I had
-Used the data to get each and every Uplink Agent (other then myself and a few others) arrested.
-Jumped with glee at hearing Uplink Corp in the news being hacked by hackers (how ironic, eh?)
-Laughed my head off as one-by-one each person was tossed in jail, no questions asked. That has to be my favorite part. ^_^
That'll teach em to try and take jobs to track me down.

So yes, the lure of Uplink is slowly waning as I've done most of what the game has for me. Only thing left is to break into a few LANs now.

I've solved my money problem, hacking banks is easy now.
I think its a bug, but I keep accepting missions, getting a raise (most of the time, since I'm #1 rank), and getting ALL money in advance, then abandoning the mission. I did this about 20+ times and yet I can keep on doing it. Infinite money anyone? Is this a bug? Even the bank hacking missions I can just accept, take my money, and abandon it shortly afterwards. This is after I already begin the storyline, btw.

Till then.
ScareyedHawk
level5
level5

Postby ScareyedHawk » Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:24 am

It's kind of funna how you crack down on me for a *single* typo.
You should know, I am but a 16 year old Swede whose only actual physical contact with people who don't understand Swedish is minimal.
if i wuz tiepng liek dis id undrstnd u.
But I don't, so commenting my grammar is spelling should be the very last thing you do.
I never said I was a "true master" of Uplink. I don't know how to program, especially not C++, which Uplink is written in. Besides, what makes you think I even want to help with Onlink?
As you may know, Uplink is 5 years old.
Last time I played it was... sometimes last year. Probably around 12 months ago.
about those 1000 FAQs, I was referring to the small, newbie created FAQs. Like the one you wrote. Thinking you are the first one, thinking it has never been done before, despite the fact that the game is 5 years old

And, if you don't mind, may I ask your age and origin?

Return to “The Full Game”