stupid question

Discussion on the full game [spoilers]

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

TheToyMaker
level1
level1

stupid question

Postby TheToyMaker » Mon Jun 26, 2006 2:24 pm

i cant use any downloaded skins, gateways or LAN's. well, any downloaded mods.

i did exactly what the instructions on modlink say, and it didnt get anywhere. anybody know whats wrong?
frenchfrog
level5
level5

Postby frenchfrog » Mon Jun 26, 2006 2:31 pm

For gateways or LAN you have to start a new agent.

For skin I never used them, but I think you have to select them in the option menu.
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:24 pm

Who or Where did you buy the game from?
Uplink help: Check out the Guide or FAQ.
Latest Uplink patch is v1.55.
DarkWraith007
level1
level1

response

Postby DarkWraith007 » Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:58 pm

Look on the cover of the CD you purchased. Does it say "Uplink: Hacker Elite" on it? Or on any of the boxes or manuals that came with it?

U:HE *should* be compatible with mods and stuff but sometimes its been changed depending on where you got it from or what market you're in (especially if its warez).

The official unaltered Uplink: Trust is a Weakness which is available from this website is the one that is compatible with everything.

HOWEVER DO NOT USE THE v1.31c BETA PATCH as that renders the mods incompatible. Its a shame, really, but that's the way it goes.
You can use the "official" v1.31 patch located here:

http://www.uplink.co.uk/otherfiles.html

(Frankly, its confusing for any newbies to find the patch if its under "Other Files", just a thought)

Which mods are you trying to use? Some of them are the "Old Dev Mods" and don't work very well, if at all.

Makes me wish that the Uplink Community could combine all the tweaks and mods together into a "Community Expansion Pack" like they did for NeverWinter Nights. It would be a lot better as I *really* like a lot of things from several different mods, tweakwise.

Hope this helps.
Till then.

Return to “The Full Game”