Frame a user for destruction of data - weird

Discussion on the full game [spoilers]

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

mkylman
level1
level1

Postby mkylman » Sun Sep 24, 2006 3:13 pm

Hacker101 wrote:
Montyphy wrote:Is it even nessecary to delete the logs from the serve you hack if you plan to break the passive trace at InterNIC?

Nope, you only need to delete the logs from one server... And InterNIC is the best place to delete logs from.

Unless you want to continue using the hacked server for a bounce point...cuz it takes longer for the trace to get through a hacked server...so I usually erase the logs that say "From x ip: Accessed file/console" and "From x ip: User admin level 1 logged in"...That way the password doesn't get changed...Then you should go delete the logs at internic, you shouldn't delete anything else, logwise, at the target comp, cuz they have already started a passive(As well as active) trace on you...But I guess a lot of it boils down to personal preference...
TheMafia
level1
level1

Postby TheMafia » Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:50 pm

one one answered the question, did they? unless clearing the whole computer ..but......there is a simpler way...

from my guide:

Connect to the system given to you in the mission statement. You must only use 3 or 4 bounce points on this mission. If the trace is too long, the mission won’t work (you need the trace to be about 25 seconds). Bypass the Proxy, Firewall and Monitor, and then crack the password. After this, you must act quickly. Enter the console, open the usr directory, and delete the contents (type 'cd usr' then 'delete'). As soon as this is finished, disconnect from the system, and quickly go to your first bounce point (InterNIC hopefully) and break into the Admin account. Look for your bounce log from the last connection (It should be the third one from the top) and use the Log Modifier on it. Change the log so that the 'From' IP is the one given to you in the mission statement (i.e. Change 127.0.0.1 to whatever IP you have been given). Delete the 'Admin Access' log, and disconnect. Go to the Uplink News page, and fast forward, until news that the target has been arrested for hacking the company’s system. Once it does, reply to the mail and finish the mission.

NOTES: You will only get a couple of tries at this before it stops appearing in the news and the mission becomes impossible, so make sure you get it right the first time.
lexus
level1
level1

Postby lexus » Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:41 pm

In some missions you need to do more than 4 bounces cuz in some servers there is a lot of files and with only 25 seconds you wont finish the data destruction.

I always do about 15 bounces and when i finished the data destruction i wait for the trace tracker shows about 5 seconds, then i disconnect from the server and change my logs in internic, but in some missions it doesnt work, i dont know why?

Return to “The Full Game”