Discussion on the full game [spoilers]

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

m1rkd1rk
level1
level1

Alternate Plot Entry / Mole mission?

Postby m1rkd1rk » Sat Jan 07, 2006 5:34 pm

Hello.

I was looking at the ultimate uplink guide and it mentions an alternate plot which can be entered. the link is here: http://guide.modlink.net/section9.php

Can somebody please explain to me wat it means by the email not being sent out? And how can you stop it being sent out?

And please can someone tell me what happens in the alternate plot?

ALSO it mentions a MOLE mission and it says "the last place you would think of hacking, because you already have access" now my BEST guess is uplink corp itself but I thought you coudlnt hack it. And can somebody explain what the image the comes with it is?

Thnx alot.

M1RKD1RK
Mr. Roboto
level4
level4

Postby Mr. Roboto » Sat Jan 07, 2006 7:05 pm

Can't help you with the "alternate plot." Never bothered to try it myself. As for the MOLE...

Think about what a mole is (hint: it's not a burrowing rodent!), then think about what systems you already have (legal) access to. Pay attention...
m1rkd1rk
level1
level1

Postby m1rkd1rk » Sat Jan 07, 2006 7:14 pm

Well I have legal access to Uplink corp and the uplink bank and internic.

Okay now I know its uplink. But HOW ON EARTH am I going to hack it when the security is like MAXIMUM???

And I am really more interested in the Alternate storyline.
Cyberwarrior
level2
level2

Postby Cyberwarrior » Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:40 pm

Set up a big enough bounce chain and you should be able to hack anything. ;)

(Jump through LANs, Mainframes and Government Stuff. Government stuff is good because their don't like to reveal the contents of their servers to anyone due to it's sensitive nature, so using them can really slow an active trace down.)

On the other hand, determine the encryption of this code and decode. Easier, possibly... if you have any idea what the encryption is!

Code: Select all

T25jZSB0aGUgSGFja2VyIGlzIGRlYWQsIHNvIEJFRk9SRSB0aGUgZW1haWwsIHdyaXRlIGRvd24gdGhlIGRhdGUgYW5kIHRpbWUgaGUgZGllZC4=

SGFjayB0aGUgQVJDIENlbnRyYWwgTWFpbmZyYW1lIGFuZCBnbyB0byB0aGUgbG9ncy4=

eW91J2xsIHNlZSBhIFwiQ29waWVkIFJldmVsYXRpb25Db3JlIDAuN1wiIGxvZy4=

VGhlIElQIGlzIHVua25vd24sIGJ1dCBhdCB0aGUgc2FtZSBzb21lb25lIGhhcyBsb2dnZWQgb24u

Tm93IG1ha2UgaXQgYSBcIlRyYWNlIGEgSGFja2VyXCIgbWlzc2lvbiwgdW5kZWxldGUgdGhlIGxvZ3MgYW5kIGZvbGxvdyBJUC4=

VW50aWwgeW91IGdldCB0byB0aGUgUGVyc29uYWwgQ29tcHV0ZXIu

VEhJUyBJUyBUSEUgT05MWSBQQyBZT1UgQ0FOIENPTk5FQ1QgVE8u

QnJlYWsgdGhlIFBhc3N3b3JkIChNeVNvY3JhdGVzTm90ZSwgdGhlIHBhc3N3b3JkIGhlIGdpdmVzIHlvdSBpbiB0aGUgZW1haWwu

VGhhdCdzIHdoeSBpdCBkaWRuJ3Qgd29yayBhdCB0aGUgQVJDIENlbnRyYWwgTWFpbmZyYW1lKSwgYW5kIHlvdSdsbCBiZSBpbiBoaXMgUEMu

SXQgaGFzIGEgc2VjdGlvbiBcIkZpbGV6XCIgYW5kIFwiRW1haWx6XCIu

XCJFbWFpbHpcIiB3aWxsIGNvbnRhaW4gdGhlIGVtYWlsIGhlIHNlbnRzIHlvdSBhZnRlciBhIHdlZWsgYW5kIG9uZSBub25lIGltcG9ydGFudC4=

XCJGaWxlelwiLCBob3dldmVyLCB3aWxsIGNvbnRhaW4gdGhlIFJldmVsYXRpb25Db3JlMC43Lg==

SG93IHRvIGFjdGl2YXRlIHRoZSBzdG9yeSBpbiBhbiBvdGhlciB3YXk/

Q2FuY2VsIHRoZSBlbWFpbCwgY29weSB0aGUgQ29yZSBhbmQgZGVjcnlwdC4=

QVJDIHdpbGwgc2VudCB5b3UgYW4gZW1haWwgYWJvdXQgeW91ciBpbmNyZWRpYmxlIGhhY2su
m1rkd1rk
level1
level1

Postby m1rkd1rk » Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:04 pm

Okay so Ive got to hack UPLINK then, am i right? :lol:

And what am I meant to do with that "code" I cannot decrpyt it.
NganeLoe
level1
level1

Postby NganeLoe » Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:15 am

Try running it through a REAL encryption algorithm. PGP is a good place to start.
mach
level0

Postby mach » Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:41 am

How would you suggest "running it through" PGP without the key? It would take longer than any of us have on this earth.
Algae
level0

Postby Algae » Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:39 am

It's base64.

_Nik
Afro-Dude
level0

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

Postby Afro-Dude » Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:21 pm

Ultra Spoiler ahead....

To access the mole mission you have to have all your main security hack programs at the maximum level.

These include:

Proxy bypass lvl5
Firewall lvl 5
Monitor lvl 5
DeCYPHer at maximum too
and the classic password breaker

90 Gigaquads of storage (I'm not sure but this seems fair enough)

And then... hack Uplink Internal Services System.

Apply all you tools (remember to bypass first) Make you way to the admin section and have fun.

Extract all the files, except for the "com-XXXXX" ones, remove your logs (InterNic hopefully) and then, wait for the secret assignment

This mission it's an obvious an easter egg from the Mission: Impossible movie.

Have fun
AntiPatik
level2
level2

Postby AntiPatik » Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:44 pm

you just had to ruin all the fun, haven't you? why not let people figure out things for themselves. Yes, I know, he asked how to do it, but when he'll read it, he won't be as satisfied with the result, as he would be, if he'd figure the whole thing out for himself. No hard feelings dudes.
Afro-Dude
level0

Postby Afro-Dude » Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:26 pm

AntiPatik wrote:you just had to ruin all the fun, haven't you? why not let people figure out things for themselves. Yes, I know, he asked how to do it, but when he'll read it, he won't be as satisfied with the result, as he would be, if he'd figure the whole thing out for himself. No hard feelings dudes.
This is a forum to discuss the full game, I gave my spoiler warning, with that clear I'm not responsible of his actions as a reader (or other readers). No hard feelings at all
Azati Prime
level1
level1

Postby Azati Prime » Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:43 am

Once you get the files is it randomized weather you get the offer? I got it once but I think I was busted for another hack before I got the decrypter program. I've tried on my other profiles after taking the Arunmor missions but haven't received any offer.
taltamir
level1
level1

Postby taltamir » Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:13 am

fore some reason on my second login file 4 was missing.. so i only got 46500 for this mission... i still got the MI tag though :)

anyways.. its not an alternate plot but an alternate way to begin the plot... supposedly you can do something preventing the email from agent tequila from being sent out, which starts the main plot aswell.

HUGE SPOILER
HUGE SPOILER
HUGE SPOILER
HUGE SPOILER

The main plot allows you to play on one of two sides regardless of how it is activated. ARC, trying to destroy the internet since it has become too corrupt. And Arunor trying to destroy the supervirus and then market their counter virus as an antivirus solution to countless hysteria filled people.
Toxic Influx
level2
level2

Postby Toxic Influx » Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:53 am

taltamir wrote:fore some reason on my second login file 4 was missing.. so i only got 46500 for this mission... i still got the MI tag though :)

It's a trick to keep yourself unknown.
2 things are infinite: the universe and men's stupidity. And about the universe I'm not sure.

- Albert Einstein
mrfu
level0

Postby mrfu » Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:21 am

In reply to the CODE stuff...

Where do I find the date and time of his death?
At the date and time I receive the email?

Return to “The Full Game”