Slowdown within the game - long lists?

For problems with the game

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

Snowblind
level0

Slowdown within the game - long lists?

Postby Snowblind » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:11 pm

Hi all I'm new here. I decided to give this game another play since it's been sitting on my shelf for 5 years or so.

I've just spent the last 10 minutes searching all topics labelled 'slowdown' and haven't seen anything aside from people saying the music slows down and to upgrade sound drivers. I think my problem may be different but if it isn't please forgive my ludite-level computer abilities.

When playing the game I notice framerate drops whilst having large lists open or a lot of text on screen at the same time. My hardware is pretty fast so I don't think it's my computer. Does anyone else experience this? Is it just the way the game is coded/designed? Is it a 'feature'?

I'm just interested to know because it iritates me how I'll seemingly be running properly at hundreds of frames per second one minute and then drop right down whilst there is a lot of text on screen. If there's anything to alleviate the problem please let me know.

I couldn't find my original disc so I re-bought it on steam. It's the latest version of the game they have to offer.

Return to “Bug Reports”