Entire computer freezes at game startup. Vista 64bit.

For problems with the game

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

Amodeus
level0

Entire computer freezes at game startup. Vista 64bit.

Postby Amodeus » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:33 pm

Okay, so my copy of Uplink (1.54) has been working perfectly fine, but one day I tried to run it, and my mouse cursor disappeared, and nothing else happened. As a result, I was forced to restart my computer. Now, every time I try to run the game, this happens. I have tried uninstalling and updating to 1.55, I have tried reinstalling my graphics drivers, I have tried compatability mode (WIndows XP SP2), all to no avail. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

EDIT:

My specs:

Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit SP1
Intel Core 2 Quad q9550
4GB(2x2GB) PC8500 DDR2
BFG nVidia Geforce 9800 GT 512MB PCI-E 1.0 (Latest drivers as of April 1, 2009)
AlphabetSoup
level0

Same Problem

Postby AlphabetSoup » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:59 am

I have almost the same problem, except I haven't been able to get this game to run right at all. I installed it, and applied the patch. Then, as the previous poster said, "I tried to run it, and my mouse cursor disappeared, and nothing else happened. As a result, I was forced to restart my computer. Now, every time I try to run the game, this happens." I haven't uninstalled my drivers, because I have no other problems with them. I have tried compatability mode, though, with no change. As with previous poster, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Return to “Bug Reports”