Can't transfer money

For problems with the game

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

wulfgang
level0

Can't transfer money

Postby wulfgang » Tue Jan 18, 2005 10:01 pm

Hi!

I cannot transfer money from one account to another, using Uplink 1.31 German version.

I fill out the fields, click on the button and am told that a proxy server denies this action. Well, then I bypass the proxy, try again, and get a message like "Action denied. Contact the system administrator."

What could I be doing wrong?
schumikimi
level2
level2

Postby schumikimi » Tue Jan 18, 2005 10:14 pm

You didn't apply the monitor bypass. But you have to bypass the monitor or else they will track you in an instance and they will start a passive trace on you. And with a bank that doesn't take very long. The banks have the fastest passive trace of all the servers.
wulfgang
level0

Postby wulfgang » Tue Jan 18, 2005 10:22 pm

why should they trace me when I transfer money from my one account to another? That doesn't make sense.

The passive trace isn't a problem if you delete the logs on InterNic. The active trace isn't a problem if you disconnect before the trace is completed.
So where is the problem?
schumikimi
level2
level2

Postby schumikimi » Tue Jan 18, 2005 10:34 pm

hmm if it's your own account it doesn't really make sence you have to use a Proxy Bypass to transfer money, cause then it should see you are the one who is allowed to transfer money. But try to use Monitor Bypass too if it doesn't work without Proxy Bypass, cause the bank will just think about you as some hacker if you Bypass the Proxy.
wulfgang
level0

Postby wulfgang » Tue Jan 18, 2005 10:47 pm

does this mean you're unable to transfer money without monitor bypass/disabling tool ?
schumikimi
level2
level2

Postby schumikimi » Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:07 am

There's no monitor disabler (unless you play Onlink, I believe there's one in there), but yes, if you don't have the ability to transfer money from your own account to another and you just really have to do that (except for paying a fine I don't really see the point), you'll have to bypass the monitor if you want to bypass the proxy.
I think it's a bug within the german-Uplink than if you can't transfer money from your own account. Because it should see that you are the owner of the account.
Sandman2000
level0

Postby Sandman2000 » Tue Feb 01, 2005 1:06 pm

nostromo
level0

Postby nostromo » Sun Feb 06, 2005 10:38 pm

It seems one Account Number in the form is missing....

In the english demo, there is in the first line the Account Number from where it is taking the money.

This is in the German 1.31 missing, and you cann't type it manually.

Maybe there is the Problem...

N.
ReflectingGod
level5
level5

Postby ReflectingGod » Mon Feb 07, 2005 6:33 am

I'm still nt convinced about the official-ness of this German version, it seems dodgy to me...
ME!

Procrastination - Hard work often pays of after time, but laziness always pays off now!

**Bibo ergo sum!**
user_unknown
level0

Postby user_unknown » Sat May 22, 2010 12:44 pm

nostromo wrote:It seems one Account Number in the form is missing....

In the english demo, there is in the first line the Account Number from where it is taking the money.

This is in the German 1.31 missing, and you cann't type it manually.

Maybe there is the Problem...

N.

Yes it is, and heres the solution: just hit tab and youll be able 2 fill in # of acc logged in.

but there are other bugs i didnt get a workaround yet. for example, when start the revelation on arcserver (which is ugly translated to "offenbarungs aufspürer") in the storyline mission "take me to your leader", it wont hide from fileserver, unables to finish mission. omg is that crap!
mr_anonymous
level3
level3

Postby mr_anonymous » Sat May 22, 2010 3:32 pm

This topic was last active over five years ago. Anyone who posted in it is long gone, and almost certainly does not care about your solution.
user_unknown
level0

Postby user_unknown » Sat May 22, 2010 4:02 pm

lol i didnt got that, just came here through google, and now wondering that it isnt fixed till now. i definitly wouldnt recommend playing such a crap like this hackersim wich is so buggy and can only be played by mouse lol its not a sim just crap. but its a nice idea and i think it would be superb game if it was open source, after this big time.
orillian
level4
level4

Postby orillian » Sat May 22, 2010 9:07 pm

At no point does Introversion claim that Uplink is a hacking 'sim'. They repeatedly state that real cracking is too boring, since its mainly looking at and manipulating various forms of web script.

this is an idealised holly wood version, so mr Googler

learn your facts before trying to contradict something that has been worked hard on and has a very loyal fan base theres the door, please feel free to use the window beside it
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Sat May 22, 2010 11:13 pm

user_unknown wrote:i think it would be superb game if it was open source, after this big time.
There's a dev CD you can get which has the game's source in it.
baba
level0

Postby baba » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:51 pm

I got problem when bypass monitor v5 and proxy v5, break password and enter account, go to transfer section and fill my Uplink bank and my account number in it and money to transfer and when I hit 'transfer' I got message like this:

Transfer was not completed, contact the administrator for more help...

Simply I cannot transfer any money to my account, and I try to transfer from my account and you wouldn't belive-

I couldn't transfer from my account either. :(

I play Uplink v1.55

What have I done wrong or is this a bug?

Return to “Bug Reports”