Beta 0.98

For problems with the game

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

Szisser
level1
level1

Postby Szisser » Fri Aug 10, 2001 11:23 am

Great!!! You guys got some work done! especially the new mapscreen feature withe the marked boxes for admin/user access! is it me or is the new beta running faster?
two minor and a half bugs:
if you got a couple of names in a bounce queue they still keep on 'looking' for their right spot to be written... results in continously moving names... could be, i have a hop in my queue which is not on my linklist?
the text for the tracetracker version 4.0 is to long to be read completely! check it out, scrollbar needed!
if you've got a button on your mainscreen (e.g. "Ok, you logged off") then start the worldmap, the lower part of the button is still visible. click on it and the linklist pos up in front of the map... no bug really...

gotta(!) run this over the weekend (my girlfriend's gonna kill me ;-)

szisser
Grim_Reaper
level1
level1

Postby Grim_Reaper » Sat Aug 11, 2001 7:03 pm

My bug report only contains one bug, and that is a rather pleasant one. I had been playing for about half an hour, taking a few beginner missions, intentionally failing a few yo stay under confident level (Which i still hate! Damn you! :Þ ). I had not yet taken an Academic Database mission as I didn't want to get the ARC mission yet. Then, I get the [7 day delay autosend] mail from the guy who got murdered, and when I check my financials, one of my bank accounts (I have an account in each bank) was stocked with 900000 credits extra!
I don't know excactly when they appeared as I didn't check it for a while. So meanwhile, I've been having a blast, deleting entire file servers and central mainframes, even ARC's >:). Also some poor chap named Ben suddenly found that he had sometime in his life time commited homcide, rape, assault, armed robbery and he was prone to littering!!
War does not determine who is right, it determines who is left.
Rhune
level0

Postby Rhune » Sat Aug 11, 2001 10:09 pm

This bug is really annoying, whenever i close uplink, the program stays open, and i have no way of closing it, so i have to restart my comp.
Szisser
level1
level1

Postby Szisser » Sun Aug 12, 2001 9:10 pm

couldn't play over the weekend, my girlfriend nearly killed me ;-)

still redraw problems with the programs menu open, then closing logout screen or world map or similar...
oh, and i know, i said in another thread you should be able to judge your actions and don't do really silly ones, but, if i delete ALL links from my list and don't have ip-lookup i'm pretty stuck... kinda like early BeOS: "Can i really shut off both cpu's if i have two?... click..." *eg*

oh, and i can reproduce PwR900's passwordcracker crash... could it be, that it crashes, whenever it has to jump from public access to login screen all by itself?
Szisser
level1
level1

Postby Szisser » Sun Aug 12, 2001 10:02 pm

a crash!!! o wonder o wonder... the new beta is that good, i really didn't expect one! ;-)
=======================================
Condition : prevmission
Location  : C:\Development\Uplink\source\world\generator\secure\demoplotgenerator-sc.cpp, line 362
============== B E G I N  C O R E  D U M P =================
retAddress = 004A1721
retAddress = 004DCECF
retAddress = 004DDF7F
retAddress = 004DDD70
retAddress = 00432C65
retAddress = 004CC873
retAddress = 00448994
retAddress = 004E5A44
retAddress = 004A2741
retAddress = 1000CA2F
retAddress = 78A8BD39
retAddress = BFF7363B
retAddress = BFF942E7
retAddress = 00818C2A
============== E N D  C O R E  D U M P =====================

the above mentioned redraw bug is due to empty lines in the link list being displayed as plain black lines...
Szisser
level1
level1

Postby Szisser » Sun Aug 12, 2001 11:11 pm

okidokey, crash three:

[...]
Saving profile to F:\uplink\users/Szisser.usr...success
Successfully loaded data archive loading.dat
REDSHIRT : Failed to load file : F:\uplink\graphics/üí€éM
GUCCI Error - failed to load TIF (null)

An (unrecognised) Uplink Internal Error has occured
===================================================
retAddress = 004A1721
retAddress = 004AE2DB
retAddress = 004AE220
retAddress = 0051137E
retAddress = BFF8B537
retAddress = BFF8B3E9
retAddress = BFF89DAC
retAddress = FFFFFFFF
TIFFOpen: (null): Cannot open.
<EOF>
occured while logging off and redialing without delay, to wait for gateway upgrade to take effect
there are some redraw errors with the processor usage if you have multiple instances running, somtimes one bar has two texts in the remaining as one closes... minor bug...
if i change academic qualifications, i can add the new (Certified systems engineer, for example) AFTER the entry "None" and still get a succesful mission... it's more a logical error, or does the international academic database only gets parsed by a program as well? a human would notice, maybe even one with us-american general education... ;-)
the text "Uplink Demo Client users cannot..." in the informationscreen of the stock market computer ends with 2 nondisplayable characters...
so far, that's it.

good work on the worldmap done!!!! thanks!
Szisser
level1
level1

Postby Szisser » Tue Aug 14, 2001 12:02 am

Joh, hi,
nu bugs, only three oddities...

The TRINITY1686a Gateway Upgrade does not display the amount of
MaxMemory... it appears and vanishes instantly.
if you complete three International  Academic Database missions for the first
time in a very short time (one hack, three changes), you'll get three missions
from ARC... this intentionally?
you cannot read your twenty-second email/mission and every following one.
the icons hide the menu partially.
good: beta did run to about february 2012 without any trouble :-)
update: august 2013, than crashed...
too many mails? memory leak? date counter overflow? bored? the mistery, the mistery... ;-)

(Edited by Szisser at 9:28 pm on Aug. 15, 2001)
Szisser
level1
level1

Postby Szisser » Tue Aug 14, 2001 12:58 am

still the mail bug... i think it happened, when i replied success on one of my three ARC missions (last post) and i received credits and mail for TWO successful missions. this included deleting the second mission from my list, but one mission icon was far left from the 'mail-queue'. clicking on this runaway icon produced:
An Uplink Assertion Failure has occured
=======================================
Condition : game->GetWorld ()->GetPlayer ()->missions.ValidIndex (screenindex)
Location  : C:\Development\Uplink\source\interface\localinterface\localinterface.cpp, line 143
retAddress = 004A1721
retAddress = 00447079
retAddress = 00444679
retAddress = 004E5A44
retAddress = 004A2741
retAddress = 1000CA2F
retAddress = 78A8BD39
retAddress = BFF7363B
retAddress = BFF942E7
retAddress = 00818C2A
Szisser
level1
level1

Postby Szisser » Wed Aug 15, 2001 1:59 am

can't point to something, but i keep getting unrecognized crashes opening a savegame.doesn't happen to often, but more than i wished. usually after disconnecting, then reconnecting (gatewayupgrade) closing the program, restarting, and reloading works fine...
how comes, i suddenly can't buy monitor bypass lvl 5? i can click on purchase, i get a success message, the money is gone, but no bypass available in program menu or in my memory. yes, i do have the proper hud upgrade (v.1.0
is it possible, that sometimes you can't reply success on a mission, if you're about to receive an email (replied success on some other mission right before)? i can reply again after a few seconds and get the money instantly...
Lord Ryll
level0

Postby Lord Ryll » Wed Aug 15, 2001 4:48 am

I've tried buying all three bypasses (waited for level 5 too :(), it takes the money and they do not appear.

Also, whenever I try to hack a bank, password breaker crashes the game.
================================
Warning. Original message has been altered.
================================
GroovyPigThing
level2
level2

Postby GroovyPigThing » Wed Aug 15, 2001 12:12 pm

i think both these are being fixed for the next version
I obey the law of inverse excuses that demands that the greater the task to be done, the less work to be done prior to beginning the greater task.
Szisser
level1
level1

Postby Szisser » Wed Aug 15, 2001 9:23 pm

how do you know? insider knowledge? :-)
the bug thingy, not the one with the unicorn ;-)))
the name "Trancendental Corporation Internal Service Machine" is slightly to long for the link list... redraw error while scrolling.
--
keep posting ;-)

(Edited by Szisser at 9:23 pm on Aug. 15, 2001)
GroovyPigThing
level2
level2

Postby GroovyPigThing » Thu Aug 16, 2001 12:04 am

yeah i've been hacking into chris's personal computer... :)
I obey the law of inverse excuses that demands that the greater the task to be done, the less work to be done prior to beginning the greater task.
Ly5y
level0

Postby Ly5y » Sat Dec 15, 2001 4:34 pm

I have only one question for this game what time it will be ok i have pay the money for full game and i't buging ctushing buging crushing ... etc. When it will be over.. ?

Return to “Bug Reports”