ARC non-story mission: Trace Hacker

Stuck in Uplink? Need Help?

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

bpen76
level0

ARC non-story mission: Trace Hacker

Postby bpen76 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:12 am

I don't know if I'm posting this in the right area to start off with, I'm sure someone will let me know if I'm not. Anyway, I know the game is an oldie but I've only started playing it recently and am thoroughly enjoying it. Thing is that I received a mission to trace a hacker but when I go into the servers they want me to start at there are no logs for the time and date they say the hack happened at. I've tried using UnDelete Log on all the logs but got nothing. I don't want to just abandon it, I hate doing that. Is there anything else I should be doing or is this the first ARC Story mission that I have encountered?
bpen76
level0

Re: ARC non-story mission: Trace Hacker

Postby bpen76 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:15 pm

Now I've encountered another mission.
This one involves Terminal Inc. asking to trace a hacker, leads me to the Logical Inc Public Access Server, they don't seem happy enough with that information though, and again, it won't undelete the log.
So...have I done something wrong at some point or am I just doing something wrong now?
mr_anonymous
level3
level3

Postby mr_anonymous » Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:32 pm

Have you tried undeleting all of the logs in the chain, starting with the hacked server?
bpen76
level0

Postby bpen76 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:38 pm

Huh. I never thought of that. I just undeleted suspect looking ones and would go back to check ones that lead nowhere. Thanks. I will try that when I go hacking again. (In about 5 minutes)

Return to “Hints and Tips”