IP accessed File from InterNIC

Stuck in Uplink? Need Help?

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

Warlard
level0

IP accessed File from InterNIC

Postby Warlard » Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:30 pm

Hey there guys, Ive searched for information on this question, but came up empty. I've recently started playing UPLINK again, and im having a blast.. Got caught a couple times early on, but I've got the grasp again... However, I keep noticing that when I go to the InterNIC that there is a strange IP accessing files. I'm currious if this is a company that has traced me back to the InterNIC and is building evidence on me? or is it another Hacker doing so? I'm curious if this is how I was caught the last time, as I had a few of them.. Thanks!
Warlard
level0

Re: IP accessed File from InterNIC

Postby Warlard » Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:11 pm

One of the things I'm noticing is that it seems to happen when I bounce through some of the more secure IP's before I've actually broken into them.. IE. If I accepted a number of missions to get half the money (to buy my Bypass software) and I use the new links to increase the number of bounces before my new list of missions.. Maybe these Routed IP's are tracing me before I finish everything and delete the InterNIC logs? A response would be really appreciated guys
NeatNit
level5
level5

Re: IP accessed File from InterNIC

Postby NeatNit » Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:21 pm

I prefer not to reply when I don't know the answer.. But your questions are most probably answered in the guide. It's stickied on top.

From what I remember though:
Disclaimer: I was never very good at this game, and I may be misremembering or misunderstanding things, but that's how I understood it.
As long as you delete the InterNIC log correctly and using the best version of the Log Deleter, you're in the clear. No passive trace can reach you if you do this.
Also, you don't need to accept missions to add links as bounce points. There was one server you could connect to, I'm not sure if it's InterNIC or one of the other default ones, that has a list of all the servers in the game. You can add any of them to your main list and they will be added to the map as bounce points. You can add as many as you want, some people go as far as bouncing through ALL SERVERS IN THE GAME every time they hack. There's no real reason to do that, though, as long as you have enough bounces to have the time you need to do what you want, any extra bounces after that are just for peace of mind.

About your original question (the strange IP logged on InterNIC), I don't have a clear answer for you, but I can tell you that if you deleted your logs on InterNIC, you have nothing to worry about.

Return to “Hints and Tips”