3 usefull facts that were never brought up...

Stuck in Uplink? Need Help?

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

BobMaster
level0

3 usefull facts that were never brought up...

Postby BobMaster » Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:17 pm

I searched for these things all over these forums and google to no avail.
I would have thought that with an "old" game like this and a zillion topics about this subject, someone would have figured these things out and posted these handy beginner tips earlier.

1) When contacting your employers for a mission, there is the option: "I want more money.".
You will never ever be able to get more money when your current rank is the same or lower then the auto-accept rating.
It will only work if your rank is higher then that.

2)In the guide, the "destroy customer records" and "destroy research data" missions, only give you the solution to use the admin console and type 'cd usr -> delete'.
But, you need a Proxy bypass(20000c) AND a Firewall bypass(10000c)to do that.
However, you can manually delete the files with ONLY the Firewall bypass by deleting all the files on the server one by one, this is also faster than using the console.

I tried deleting only the cstmr.dat/rsrc.dat files, but that doesn't seem to work, needs to be ALL of them, though they do not ask for that in the mission.

3)You also only need the Firewall bypass to do the copy missions of the same level.

Hope this helps anyone who cares :)

You might wonder why I post this so late...
I only recently found this game, so I never knew about it before.
And I never seemed to have enough credits to buy all of those bypassers when I started getting access to those missions.
These few tips help me earn money from doing missions without robbing some poor guy from his millions or abandoning missions after taking their money first.
OptimalNorway
level0

Re: 3 usefull facts that were never brought up...

Postby OptimalNorway » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:53 am

You do not need the Firewall bypass. You can disable the Firewall if you have the Proxy Bypass.

Another fact that never was brought up
I'm an enemy of the word "Basically".
BobMaster
level0

Re: 3 usefull facts that were never brought up...

Postby BobMaster » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:49 pm

OptimalNorway wrote:You do not need the Firewall bypass. You can disable the Firewall if you have the Proxy Bypass.

Another fact that never was brought up

Ah, I didn't know that, thanks, always used all the bypassers I had.

Return to “Hints and Tips”