UplinkIRC banned ? Also, Arunmor ?

Stuck in Uplink? Need Help?

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

LaughingMan
level0

UplinkIRC banned ? Also, Arunmor ?

Postby LaughingMan » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:12 pm

Hi all,

I'm new to this fantastic game, bought it a week ago in the Humble Bundle.

So I'm at this point where ARC traces you and ask you to run Revelation.exe 1.0 in one of Arunmor's computers. But how do i do it ? The access terminal can't be hacked and the public only shows two phone numbers, so i recorded Gareth lever's voice but I don't know what to do with it. What do i do ?

Also, I bought the IRC program. First time I run it, and I got banned ! i know the IRC is really online, but why did I get banned ? Is there something to do in-game to access the chat ? I wanted to ask the ARC question on the chat but since I can't go on it....

Thank you for you answers.
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:29 pm

Regarding IRC, either:
  • You did something to deserve it
  • You used the name of someone who did something to deserve it.
  • Someone thought it would be funny to have the channel's bot ban any users identifying themselves as Uplink agents. Some people have a malicious streak and some of them have ops on #uplink.

As for Copying Revelation on to the Arunmor Internal Services Machine, going into the console, typing cd usr then run Revelation, I'm afraid I'm not sure I can help you.
LaughingMan
level0

Postby LaughingMan » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:10 pm

Thank you for your tip, I've been able to hack into their system and destroy it.

And, well, long story short, I got busted. Somehow they recovered a log from the computer and tracked me down, I got disavowed. Man am I disappointed, that was my best account so far.

Just a few more question before I create a new account and go even further : do i need to delete the logs from the computer I plan to crush before I run Revelation (or Faith, although I'm not sure it's working the same way) ? Pretty sure it was because of that.

Also, if my mind go crazy for a minute and I decide to destroy everybody's computers all around the world, will I get spotted no matter what ? Even if I take security measures like auto-destruct gateway, delete each log, etc ?

Thank you for your answers

EDIT: Forgot one thing. About IRC, all I did was to connect to it, and I got banned. Didn't post anything. However the IRC logged me in as "Laughing" instead of my usual username, and there was a message about a Wolf character in the last line of the log, and Unknown bot next to it.

Return to “Hints and Tips”