Trace a Tracker Mission Help

Stuck in Uplink? Need Help?

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

Pluto is a Planet
level0

Trace a Tracker Mission Help

Postby Pluto is a Planet » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:35 pm

So I must be missing something... I've read a few other threads about tracing tracker missions, and followed the steps from there too.

I hacked into the compromised system, and then checked the log before the given time. I used this log time, the IP_Lookup tool, and the Log_UnDeleter tool on every log from that system backwards to trace the connection. None of the logs were deleted except for the last one (which was modified), which I undeleted. This gave me the IP to the computer of Mark Nightingale.

So with this, I replied to the mission email with "Mark Nightingale" (quotes removed). Upon doing so, it returned this message...

Even if I sent his Uplink code name, I had the same issue. I double checked the logs I looked up because I simply take screenies of the logs and paste it into Paint, then can undo/redo to see the history of logs for all the servers I checked, and they all match up. So I'm not really sure what else I'm missing...

Any ideas?

PS: I will be checking back here, so your replies will be read by and responded to by me :)
Pluto is a Planet
level0

Postby Pluto is a Planet » Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:55 am

Anyone?

Should I just avoid these types of missions and abandon this one, or do you just not know what happened in my situation?
Pluto is a Planet
level0

Postby Pluto is a Planet » Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:32 pm

Really I'd like to be able to do this mission lol, it's kinda hindering my playing of Uplink because I'm waiting on a reply from you guys before I continue on with other missions...

I can screen record how I've attempted to complete the mission and upload it to youtube if that'll help you make a reply more easily... But I really want to know how to do this mission :O It's been nearly 3 weeks and no one has replied to this thread. It's not like my post doesn't make sense or anything either, I'm typing in totally coherent English and was specific with what I was asking help for, where I've been, etc.

Please can someone reply (who's gotten this far or further in Uplink)?
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:02 pm

Looking at what you've written, I can only guess that you may have misspelled the man's name. Useless comment, I'm sure.

Return to “Hints and Tips”